What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Panthers 14-22 Bulldogs | Centrebet

Round 1 result: Panthers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pugzley

Then we will play on the field with tin dinghies just like what they did in the Coliseum. :badgrin:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Folkes works at the Dragons now :sarcasm:

oohhnnooss spelling cop.

I do however believe this will be an issue, it is a big f**king dam, Whilst the stadium I would hope will ok, will the teams be able to get to it?

This is a huge weather event, once dam spills it will not stop for days, lots water still headed that way.

Hope to be very wrong, but Penrith is like Ipswich, low lying, below the dam.

Eddie.

Bench
Both sides look average on paper. Think Penrith have a bit more strike power and combination early in the season. Dogs just look average to me despite the hyped coaching change. Penrith 24-12

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ftr the gauge at 4pm was 2-3 metres at Penrith.

The worst event is 13 metres in the 1800s.

The dam was built in the 1950s.

It is full and has too flow and now will flow.

Your in trouble if your near this river.

thommo4pm

Coach
Penrith is nowhere near flooding. The river has obviously got higher with all the rain but the Stadium is 2km's away from the river and it would be the worst flood in NSW history if it was to somehow get to the stadium.
It's raining here again this morning, it's not overly heavy at this stage.
None of the roads are blocked are under any threat.

soc123_au

Staff member
If we were playing a team coming in from Silverdale or Yarramundi there might be an issue, but the Dogs will make it to the ground without an issue. The dam has been opened quite a few times (not for about 14 years) & my feet haven't got wet & I am a bit closer to the Nepean River than the stadium.

soc123_au

Staff member
428708_3457121671385_1371177707_33361967_160667_n.jpg

This is the river at about 6.30 last night. The Mrs went down & took a few snaps. It will probably rise a few meters over the next couple of days but I dont reckon it will even look like breaking the banks.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Ftr the gauge at 4pm was 2-3 metres at Penrith.

The worst event is 13 metres in the 1800s.

The dam was built in the 1950s.

It is full and has too flow and now will flow.

Your in trouble if your near this river.

Nah I know people who live pretty close to the river they've been advised by the SES that they are on Food watch but not Flood Alert meaning basically they don't have to make any plans at this point, and while the river will rise with the release of Warragamba they don't expect that status to change.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Good to hear, living in a place where they did under estimate, hope this to be the case.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Trial form means little, though I do note Canterbury are yet to get a win under Hasler. I've said in the pre-season that the Hasler effect will reap rewards in the 2013-2015 years. Not this season. The platform for future assaults from Canterbury will be laid out in 2012, I just don't fear Canterbury this season. At best a fringe top eight team. I have them in the bottom half of the ladder in 2012.

The Panthers are THE buzz team of the pre-season IMO. They are being talked about by most and I love the vibe coming out of Penrith. I think they win this game at home and as a whole, I think they surprise most this season. I think Cleary erred in not moving Gordon to fullback. Yes Coote and Gordon will rotate through out the match, though I've seen enough from Gordon to state he is a fullback capable of challenging the very best at the position.

Looking forward to the game. Luke Lewis to get even better as captain of his club and this will be the first step from him in going down as one of their greatest players AND captains. I will be keeping an eye on Blake Austin who is rumored to be in the 17.

thommo4pm

Coach
428708_3457121671385_1371177707_33361967_160667_n.jpg

This is the river at about 6.30 last night. The Mrs went down & took a few snaps. It will probably rise a few meters over the next couple of days but I dont reckon it will even look like breaking the banks.

Yep, it's got quite a lot more water to get into it before it can reach River Rd. I don't think any homes are in real danger at this stage.
The rain has been extremely light this morning, and has stopped for a while, I managed to get out for a run earlier and while most things are wet, nothing is overly flooded or looking like getting to that stage.
My wife and kids are down at the river at the moment having a look at it.
I can still remember back in the late 80's when the river really did flood.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Yeah I just went down to the river myself. Having photography as a hobby I go there frequently to take shots but most of my favourite spots are currently underwater. The weir isn't even visible.

Having said that it's not even close to threatening the rowing club at the moment, which is about the closest building on either side of the river to the rivers edge.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Trial form means little, though I do note Canterbury are yet to get a win under Hasler. I've said in the pre-season that the Hasler effect will reap rewards in the 2013-2015 years. Not this season. The platform for future assaults from Canterbury will be laid out in 2012, I just don't fear Canterbury this season. At best a fringe top eight team. I have them in the bottom half of the ladder in 2012.

We defeated St George Illawarra in the first trial 28-18.

As for the flooding comments, the threat is further up the river at Richmond and Windsor, where several bridges are shut. The flood peak of 10m is not expected to be reached and rain *should* ease by about 6pm.

dogslife

Coach
I'm not saying we're going to be worldbeaters this year, but I love how virtually every Roosters supporter on here gives us next to no chance. But somehow they're going to be vying for a top 8 and even top 4 spot in some instances, given they finished 11th last year, and their two biggest signings are Peni Tagive and Daniel Mortimer

Latest posts