What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bottle

Coach
Butters not understand? Please, he is always 100% correct. If in doubt, read his sig.

skeepe

Immortal
It's a pretty simple rule of the game which you have failed to remotely understand

if a player is infront of the kicker and inside the 10 metres, he must be playing a passive role in the play. IE, standing still or retreating. Should he advance toward the football, he is deemed to be active in the play and should there for be penalised.

Its not a complicated matter

Exactly. Players can be in front of the kicker, they just can't come within 10 metres of the ball.

That's why you'll see a lot of chasers stop 10 metres from where their opposition gathered the ball.

Lowdown

Juniors
My pleasure

It's official, the Canberra Raiders were robbed.

More NRL whistle-blowers face the axe this morning after admissions from referees coach Russell Smith that two try-scoring calls against the Raiders on Saturday night were officially wrong.

After completing his video review of the match yesterday, Smith said Blake Ferguson's no-try in the 37th minute should have been awarded to Canberra, while Cooper Cronk's try for Melbourne in the seventh minute should have been disallowed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/raiders-were-ripped-off-20120305-1uesd.html

Really? That's the 'official NRL view' is it? I think you'll find the official view is by Harrigan who is on record as saying it was a 50-50 call and he backed the decision.

Link: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ked-after-raiders-blunder-20120306-1uh6m.html

-----

Eitherway, I stand by my point that its only Round 1 and not a Grand Final. But you guys carry on like the whole world is against you and the opposite is true for the Storm. A couple of wins in the next few weeks may just ease your victim mentality.

Let's hope so.

Butters

Bench
Exactly. Players can be in front of the kicker, they just can't come within 10 metres of the ball.

That's why you'll see a lot of chasers stop 10 metres from where their opposition gathered the ball.

And just as many times you'll see players who started in front of the kicker advance before being put onside and get within 10 metres. It's a rule that's hardly ever enforced.

And cheers bottle I can always rely on you to back me up. :cool:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Whether it is hardly ever enforced or not, it is the rule and doesnt change the fact that Cronk's try was incorrectly awarded

Latest posts