What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sun | Tigers* 17-16 Sharks | Leichhardt

Round 1 result: Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last time we played the Sharks and should have lost was because of Gibbs tackling the ball player over the damn try line.....and that somehow ended up as a penalty for us.....

So, in that respect, now he's playing for Cronulla we're going to win through a penalty try I reckon.

reffs go good ay

super_coach

First Grade
Sharks for the first time in living memory actually have a play maker, I have a feeling they will start the season off with a bang. Tigers are getting way to much hype and with Farah under done after groin surgery I think the tigers are ripe for the picking and of course Maxwell is the ref and the tigers always struggle with horse face. Hope Iam wrong

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I agree that we've been getting too much hype but it's hard to do anything about that, it's all coming from the media and the bookies, not the club.

Like I said when we were instilled as favorites, I couldn't work it out then when we didn't even have a halfback or a fullback. Granted we've filled both those positions now and I think fullback will no longer be a weakness: from what I've seen of Tedesco he is absolutely quality and will be the best we've had since Hodgo. On the other hand I still have huge question marks over Moltzen as a halfback. So far has shown none of the attributes of a natural half but only time will tell. I will admit he and Benji seem to click but when the chips are down and Benji is having an off day, can he step up and take control? I have my doubts but we can only wait and see.

Overall I think we have a very well balanced side with everyone fully fit. An injury or two in the front row and we will suddenly look thin, however, and without Lote I am worried about our lack of speed on the wings. I think we are definitely a top four side on paper but outright favorites, certainly not.

Anyway, any match at Leichhardt is a must win, no excuses. You have to win your home games.

tye

Juniors
Hope it pours down with rain all day!!!! I think the sharks have a much better pack of Forwards suited to wet conditions. Sharks by 4.

Ausguy

Coach
i was talking about the tigers being favourite the other day to a mate and i said to him with benji in the team they are favourites for the gf, without him they could get the spoon.

currently i believe the tigers are the club most reliant on 1 player

Bench
i was talking about the tigers being favourite the other day to a mate and i said to him with benji in the team they are favourites for the gf, without him they could get the spoon.

Without Benji,we will still be no where near the spoon,we have Humble,Chisolm,Miller,Moltzen and even Lawrence who can play at 6,you have no idea.

Armageddon.

Juniors

Tigers full strength team this year:

1 James Tedesco - Promising rookie debuting on Sunday, who knows.
2 Lote Tuqiri - Dual International
3 Blake Ayshford - Very underrated
4 Chris Lawrence - Played for Australia (Probably NSW's best centre)
5 Beau Ryan
6 Benji Marshall - New Zealand Captain
7 Tim Moltzen
8 Aaron Woods - Future rep player
9 Robbie Farah © - Played for NSW and Australia
10 Keith Galloway - Played for NSW and Australia
11 Adam Blair - New Zealand VC
12 Gareth Ellis - Played for England
13 Chris Heighington - Played for England

14 Liam Fulton
15 Matt Groat
16 Matt Bell
17 Tom Humble / Joel Reddy

Yep, definitely a one man team....

Ausguy

Coach
Tigers full strength team this year:

1 James Tedesco - Promising rookie debuting on Sunday, who knows.
2 Lote Tuqiri - Dual International
3 Blake Ayshford - Very underrated
4 Chris Lawrence - Played for Australia (Probably NSW's best centre)
5 Beau Ryan
6 Benji Marshall - New Zealand Captain
7 Tim Moltzen
8 Aaron Woods - Future rep player
9 Robbie Farah © - Played for NSW and Australia
10 Keith Galloway - Played for NSW and Australia
11 Adam Blair - New Zealand VC
12 Gareth Ellis - Played for England
13 Chris Heighington - Played for England

14 Liam Fulton
15 Matt Groat
16 Matt Bell
17 Tom Humble / Joel Reddy

Yep, definitely a one man team....

calm down mate it was just a comment... i still think without benji they struggle more than most teams

Armageddon.

Juniors
Agree...

but im talking about this year.

Why are you guys so edgy, its just a talking point.

I guarentee you if Marshall and Gallen both sustained season ending injuries the Tigers would still finish well above the Sharks.

gronkathon

First Grade
I would rather not think about season ending injuries to any player.

WT have sought to bring about balance and cover for Benji over the years should the worst happen. We are in a better position to carry on well than w have been at any point before.

Anyway. Hard game to pick. Really it comes down to whoever controls their error rate. In previous years that would mean the Sharks with the edge. With Carney & Graham running the show I am not so sure

Craigshark

First Grade
Imagine he played for a real team like the Tigers instead of that absolute joke of a club, Cronulla

Take it easy princess. He was clearly making a point that you would struggle without Benji, which even you cannot be stupid enough not to admit.

If it's a sunny day at Leichardt, I think we'll struggle. One thing is for sure though, Gallen will dominate the Tigers powder puff forwards by himself.

Armageddon.

Juniors
Quote from Ausguy the genius:

with benji in the team they are favourites for the gf, without him they could get the spoon.

Of course any team losing their best player would be adversely effected by that, but to say the Tigers are 'the club most reliant on 1 player' and 'without him they would get the spoon' shows a lack of mental capacity and a severe geniusation of the brain.