What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Thu | Knights 14-15 Dragons* | Hunter

Round 1 result: Knights v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firey_Dragon

Coach
this is an ambush of epic proportions, sorry for not tipping your team :( ... I'm sure it will make all the difference

I can't stand either team, but one has to apply logic

Oink !

Logic applied would suggest that this game will be pretty closely contested, far from an 'easy bet'

Joker's Wild

Coach
Just a couple. Some joker even claimed that the reason some don't believe the Knights will be top 4 this year was due to tall poppy syndrome, as if they had actually achieved enough last year to be considered a "tall poppy" :lol:

Best coach in the game
Guaranteed income for the next 10 years
Some of the best facilities in Australian sport
Over 16.5K members and counting

Your jealousy sustains me

thommo4pm

Coach
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if someone doesn't tip us we don't need to get upset about it or have a crack at them for doing so.

adamkungl

Immortal
Knights due to the home ground advantage. Imo Stains have the better side, Knoughts have the better coach.

Snappy

Coach
The arrogance of Knights fans is rather amusing. Wait until your team actaully does something on the field beofre you start shooting your mouths.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That wiley old bastard.

Bennett some how managed to give his last team and new team a leg up.

Play earlier no disadvantage...longer recovery first week.

Niice.

Snappy

Coach
The only one talking their team up more than the knights fans is bunniesgimp. The way you blokes are carrying on we should just give you the trophy now.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Its gonna be wet. Saints have stable and proven halves, going on Charity Shield, a very good forward pack with depth and their defence is still top notch.

Scott will play centre and look for Nighty to spend time at the back.

Saints record in Newcastle, their stability as a squad early in the season and indeed, the Bennett factor, will see Saints scrape by in this one by 4 with Newie not quite clicking yet.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Ahhh I love all this Jealousy against the knights. You all wish you could be us.

The Knights haven't done a thing yet champ.

Lots of money, good squad and the best coach. Lots to possibly look at with envy, but lets wait and see what transpires on the field.

If the players have the same attitude as a lot of you fans, they're getting way ahead of themselves and are going to get bought down to earth in a big way.

When Bennett came to Saints, he bought Boyd, Jeremy Smith, Weyman and Costigan and inherited the core of a team which many considered underachieved and should have won at least one comp in the couple of years prior. That squad was deep with talent, whereas to me, the Knights are a bit top heavy.

Your first 17 is formidable, but it drops away a bit from there.

Good luck. I just sense a bit of cockiness around the joint because of what Bennett achieved at Saints. IMO Saints were a club that didn't anywhere near as much change as the Knights do.

Any word on how Tahu is going?

I hope he keeps his (alleged) rascist comments to himself when big Neville is around.

Then he would really have something to cry about.

Haffa

The Knights haven't done a thing yet champ.

Lots of money, good squad and the best coach. Lots to possibly look at with envy, but lets wait and see what transpires on the field.

If the players have the same attitude as a lot of you fans, they're getting way ahead of themselves and are going to get bought down to earth in a big way.

When Bennett came to Saints, he bought Boyd, Jeremy Smith, Weyman and Costigan and inherited the core of a team which many considered underachieved and should have won at least one comp in the couple of years prior. That squad was deep with talent, whereas to me, the Knights are a bit top heavy.

Your first 17 is formidable, but it drops away a bit from there.

Good luck. I just sense a bit of cockiness around the joint because of what Bennett achieved at Saints. IMO Saints were a club that didn't anywhere near as much change as the Knights do.

I think TCH had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, mate. Dont think too many of us think we are specials or deny we haven't produced anything yet. Vast majority just hope for good consistent quality football from the side this season.

I don't think we are as top heavy as you see us as. The depth around the place is better then it has been in a while good young forward rotation in NSW Cup. Most of them got a run in the top team last season. Stig and Roberts as backup halves. Sau can't even make the first grade squad. Not saying its the best in the comp but I'm happy with whats there.