What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Thu | Knights 14-15 Dragons* | Hunter

Round 1 result: Knights v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
I keep hearing that the Knights side of 2012 isn't quite as good as the Dragons side of 2009. Whilst i agree with that across the park, i'd argue that in the spine the Knights have a whole lot more talent, potential and class than the Dragons spine that started 2009.

Bedsy is only one class below an immortal, Mullen is 2008 Soward but a much better defender, Hornby is a poor mans Gidley and Boyd is twice the player he was in 2009.

lol

mongoose

Coach
Bedsy is only one class below an immortal, Mullen is 2008 Soward but a much better defender, Hornby is a poor mans Gidley and Boyd is twice the player he was in 2009.

Bedsy is also well into his 30s and if Steve Walters isnt an immortal, Bedsy is along way from being one. Fair call on Mullen, i rate him higher than Soward. As for Hornby and Gidley, one is fairly underrated while the other is hugely overrated.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm just happy the season is about to kick off.

Congrats to captain Hornbag for getting to 250 games.

I expect this to be a scrappy game with no real bearing of how the season will go for either club, but the circumstances are what will make it interesting.

As for a tip, I'd have to ring Gids :p

Jason Maher

Immortal
Question: why is the Knights heritage jersey not their home jersey? How can any semi-rational human being not come to the conclusion it is the vastly superior design?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Stupid NRL 3 year rule mate

We will be wearing the "Heritage" jersey more often than the "Home" one though and thank christ for that.

Patorick

Staff member
Leaning towards the Dragons here, 1-12.

Seems everyone is backing the Knights.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well, all the Knights fans are backing their team. And why wouldn't they? As are all the usual suspect Dragon haters. Again, why wouldn't they? Not sure where you get everyone is backing the Knights from though...

Jason Maher

Immortal
Knights fans probably wish this game was at Kogarah or the 'Gong, given both teams' excellent record of shitting in the other team's nest.

adamkungl

Immortal
Well, all the Knights fans are backing their team. And why wouldn't they? As are all the usual suspect Dragon haters. Again, why wouldn't they? Not sure where you get everyone is backing the Knights from though...

Hard to split the 2 teams really. I'm going Knights simply because it's a home game. Imo Dragons have the better side. Coach factor balances it out though.

Dragons hating doesn't come into my tips any more than Roosters loving does. So only a little bit of bias :p

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Question: why is the Knights heritage jersey not their home jersey? How can any semi-rational human being not come to the conclusion it is the vastly superior design?
This is something we all want to know. The vertical striped one should be the home one, the horizontal one the heritage strip.

As for the alternate one, I think they've nearly got that one right finally.

Valheru

Coach
As soon as I saw this fixture I had a feeling Saints would win and that hasn’t changed. Dragons by 10 – 18.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm tipping the Dragons by 4.

No doubting Bennett is a great coach and the Knights will surely do well but on paper the Dragons team that Bennett had in 2009 was better IMO.

For starters Timana Tahu has been picked in the centres FFS, they have Adam Cuthbertson as a starting prop and a 34 year old Buderus at hooker who spent the last few seasons in the ESL. I also have question marks over their halves, especially Gidley.

Knights strength is clearly their backrow along with Boyd and Uate at the back.

thommo4pm

Coach
Dissapointed seeing beau Scott at center, I guess price has shown how he intends to play this year.

Knights by 14.

Beau will be back into the backrow once Chase Stanley has some match fitness up.
Or possibly move Kyle into the centres and another to fullback in the coming weeks.