What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R10 | Sun | Raiders 40-34 Eels | Canberra

Round 10 result: Raiders v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
You obviously are forgetting the Eels side post-Sterlo, crica 1991-95. That side definitely was worse than the current one. Sandow > Tolsett

Also, the Seagulls incarnation of the first Gold Coast franchise (even with Wally, they could only salvage 8 wins during his two seasons there) and also Western Suburbs post-Super League. In fact, the Magpies of 1999 would have to be one of the worst defensive sides I've ever seen. How many times did they conceeded 40+ points in a match?

Those teams were shit, but they played their gutts out.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Is that really Laurie Daley or just a recording off him from past matches cos damn he likes to say the same thing over and over and over and over...

natheel

Coach
This has to be Kearney's last game? Surely?

I hope so

After that AGM with players an coach facing the fans and seeing our disgust and frustration how can they come out and play like this? Seriously? It's f**king disgusting!!!

DogEEL

Juniors
You obviously are forgetting the Eels side post-Sterlo, crica 1991-95. That side definitely was worse than the current one. Sandow > Tolsett

Also, the Seagulls incarnation of the first Gold Coast franchise (even with Wally, they could only salvage 8 wins during his two seasons there) and also Western Suburbs post-Super League. In fact, the Magpies of 1999 would have to be one of the worst defensive sides I've ever seen. How many times did they conceeded 40+ points in a match?

yeh this is true, the early 90's parra were shocking but these other sides didn't have the likes of hayne, sandow, moi moi, etc... & they weren't on big money!!!

all i ask for is the side to compete & not look like a joke!

natheel

Coach
Honestly that whole team should play for wenty next week during the bye we don't deserve a rest

BunniesMan

Immortal
To this day I still don't know why Kearney recruited Sandow and Roberts when he had a very specific gameplan he wasn't going to adjust. They are talented and would be useful in certain situations but not under Kearney and not under this gameplan. I don't understand what he was thinking. Did he just sign any name players that would go there and then try to fit square pegs into round holes?

Also lol at this:
He even hinted at a shock win in Canberra today to start a revival.
"Stephen came to the club with a plan," Smith said. "A vision of where we need to go, and I believe in that. We have to start from somewhere and I am 100 per cent behind him.
"It is a massive challenge to get the club going again and it will take time. I believe we will get there.
"I think that will start down there in Canberra. Chris (Sandow) is back and he has a point to prove - and so does the whole team.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...on-penrith-offer/story-e6frexni-1226353845636

Kearney should have recruited different players or modified his gameplan to suit the players he got.

He's trying to turn Parra into Melbourne when they don't have the same players to do that.

Hayne is no Slater. Sandow is no Cronk.