What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R12 | Mon | Roosters 12-30 Bulldogs | Allianz

Round 12 result: Roosters v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
I thought the Kasiano effort was a fair try. The impact of Pritchard wasn't enough to disallow it IMO. A few weeks ago the Storm were awarded a truly blatant obstruction try against us. And now this one gets disallowed. So i give up trying to figure out the obstruction rule.

As for our performance, i thought Anasta almost single-handedly botched any chance we had. He was all-time awful. Shocking kicking game, passing game and running game. A steaming turd, basically.

The last few weeks (and two weeks before that vs the Dragons) we've had every chance i the world to win. We just can't seem to convert dominance in the forwards into points on the board.

But im confident that we'll get there. Maloney will help. I like his style of play and think he'll compliment Pearce really well. Im also loving what i see from Cordner - to think he's still a teenager. This kid will be amazing.

Valheru

Coach
The Kasiano no try was exactly that, a no try. Unlucky because he would almost certainly got there but he roosters player was impeded.

Other than that, we suck.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's no consistency with most of the rules, but by the rule book the Kasiano one was no-try. Reality suggests Pritchard didn't have a significant impact on the try but in the end it was irrelevant.

Yeah, the refereeing was ordinary, we got the rub of the green over the course of the entire game - but 30-12 doesn't represent a game decided by refereeing. As Brian Smith said last night, the Roosters just ran out of energy in that second half and never looked likely.

On the Dogs, VERY impressed with Inu's debut, very happy with the way Keating's playing at the moment and even Ennis seems to have found new legs after missing out on Origin.

Epic clash on Saturday with Souths, can't wait.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
It really pissed me off that the ref that was in line with us when defending continuously pulled our players back 12-13 metres (even 15 metres on a couple of occassions) and the Roosters were getting pulled back a perfect 10 the whole game and were still in front of the ref half the time!

Geohood

Bench
Btw it was typical that Inu had that type of game against us. We're always the whipping boys for those sort of individual performances. Watch him do nothing for the rest of the year lol.

Lambretta

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];8371159 said:
It really pissed me off that the ref that was in line with us when defending continuously pulled our players back 12-13 metres (even 15 metres on a couple of occassions) and the Roosters were getting pulled back a perfect 10 the whole game and were still in front of the ref half the time!

Hey Brian - you coach the Roosters remember

Oh, sorry FS, it's just that Brian Smith said that the referees were pulling the Roosters back 12-13 metres all game. Mind you he did say that he wasn't watching if the refs were doing it to the Dogs, but if you say they were, then I'll hazzard a guess that Robinson is a cun.... errrr, that they were doing it to both sides.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Hey Brian - you coach the Roosters remember

Oh, sorry FS, it's just that Brian Smith said that the referees were pulling the Roosters back 12-13 metres all game. Mind you he did say that he wasn't watching if the refs were doing it to the Dogs, but if you say they were, then I'll hazzard a guess that Robinson is a cun.... errrr, that they were doing it to both sides.

I was on the 40m line and paid a fair bit of attention to it. Each team has a designated ref when defending. One was taking it back 10 metres and the other wasn't

Lambretta

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];8371437 said:
I was on the 40m line and paid a fair bit of attention to it. Each team has a designated ref when defending. One was taking it back 10 metres and the other wasn't

I imagine they changed them at half time
You in the first had the git, we got him in the second

Explains alot about how the game went if that's the case

Moffo

Referee
What was pritchard supposed to do? Get on his kite and fly away? FMD

Where is the common sense?

Billythekid

First Grade
What was pritchard supposed to do? Get on his kite and fly away? FMD

Where is the common sense?

What the f*ck are you talking about? Pritchard wasn't running a decoy, he chose to go in front or Kasiano and get involved in the tackle obstructing multiple defenders. It's as blatant an obstruction penalty as i have ever seen.

Like i said in the other thread the line 'where was he supposed to go' applies when a player goes spriting through as a decoy and then stands in the defensive line. That isn't what happened with Pritchard at all and that defense makes no sense whatsoever.

adamkungl

Immortal
What the f*ck are you talking about? Pritchard wasn't running a decoy, he chose to go in front or Kasiano and get involved in the tackle obstructing multiple defenders. It's as blatant an obstruction penalty as i have ever seen.

this. he almost tackled the roosters player ffs :lol: