What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R13 | Sun | Warriors 12-22 Storm | Mt Smart

Round 13 result: Warriors v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm more than happy to have Neilsen coming next year. The guy might not tear opposition teams apart, but he's solid as a rock, especially on defense where we've had trouble on the fringes.

Obviously everyone will become an expert in hindsight, but from where I'm sitting Neilsen is a pretty astute buy as far as what the team really needs.

As for the game tomorrow, no f**king idea. The Warriors forwards always seem to aim up and spend periods of the contest dominating, but the Storm are so resiliant that they are able to withstand pressure and then hit back without a large share of possesion and territory.

Could see either team winning, but if the Storm do get up I hope it's only because of their good play rather than us throwing the game away with some incredibly basic errors such as we did earlier this year and also last year at the same venue.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
I'm more than happy to have Neilsen coming next year. The guy might not tear opposition teams apart, but he's solid as a rock, especially on defense where we've had trouble on the fringes.

Obviously everyone will become an expert in hindsight, but from where I'm sitting Neilsen is a pretty astute buy as far as what the team really needs.

As for the game tomorrow, no f**king idea. The Warriors forwards always seem to aim up and spend periods of the contest dominating, but the Storm are so resiliant that they are able to withstand pressure and then hit back without a large share of possesion and territory.

Could see either team winning, but if the Storm do get up I hope it's only because of their good play rather than us throwing the game away with some incredibly basic errors such as we did earlier this year and also last year at the same venue.

Melbourne never win their own games didnt you know? Every coach this year after a loss has said they handed us victory, they lost it we didnt win it. The storm are actually crap, just very fortunate that every team we line up against plays their worst game of the year, we are so lucky. I hope we pump you grubs by 50.

hitman82

Bench
Melbourne never win their own games didnt you know? Every coach this year after a loss has said they handed us victory, they lost it we didnt win it. The storm are actually crap, just very fortunate that every team we line up against plays their worst game of the year, we are so lucky. I hope we pump you grubs by 50.

:lol: what an outburst guy

beefstew

Juniors

Im happy Neilson is coming too, especially considering he can play wing....but it think Henry is already as good as him at center, and
will be better by next season, and with Hurrell being a certainty next year, that leaves Neilson on the wing, or injury cover.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

:lol: What an absolute sook that was.

I enjoy watching the Storm and the close nature of the contests between these two sides and you decide to latch on to that, especially considering the last time the two sides met.

Inu was stripped of the ball illegally, not called, Melbourne score.
Inu drops the ball cold without a hand on him, Melboure scores
Inu attempts to an offload on the first to a player in a bad position who knocks it on, melbourne scores
Mateo throws a wild pass with a Storm player cleans up and score.

As for the game the previous year the Warriors didn't concede a single line break and conceded two tries from bombs when their was little to no pressure on Hohaia.

At no point did I say the Storm wouldn't have won or didn't deserve to win those games, but from a Warriors fans pov (you know, the other side of the story that people like you are too self centered to consider) the games had a very strong feeling of "a genuine missed opportunity and a feeling of being let down by some dumb mistakes as opposed to being outplayed.

For all the plaudits Smith, Slater, Cronk get, the Storm as a whole including the coaching staff deserve the accolades for keeping those sort of game turning mistakes to an absolute minimum and that is one of the keys to their success as they rarely beat themselves.

As for you, sook on mate. That was about as childish as it gets.

@Aragon - The game starts at 4pm because there's only two games on today and Fox sports needs to fill their 2pm slot.

Aragorn

First Grade
no i meant if you could watch footy at 12pm vs 2pm why would you not chose 12pm?

Its earlier and you can watch while eating lunch with friends/family.... and it also means the rest of your afternoon is free...

Juniors
Who the f**k is Faleti Martel? Are these seriously the best 2 commentators in all of NZ, oh wait.

Hutty1986

Immortal
hahaha, a storm fan calling the warriors 'grubs'???

Go wazzas, knock off the cheats again