What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R14 | Mon | Panthers 16-24 Warriors | Centrebet

Round 14 result: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aragorn

First Grade
having just watched the game... i would say his performance was ok, nothing spectacular, nothing good or bad by the big boy.... he wasn't put under a lot of pressure....I'd like a team to do broncos on him to really test him out.... bombs, grubbers, 1on1's you name it... thats the real litmus test....

BunniesMan

Immortal
Na, he was a promising Souths junior, would have went all the way if it wasn't for injury.

Or lack of skill.
1. I never said I was a Souths junior.
2. I never said I would have gone all the way if it wasn't for getting injured. Just that at the time I had an overinflated opinion of how good I was.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just got to watch the game on a proper big screen (was watching on a dodgy live feed) and wow- I thought the disallowed try might look less like a try, but it looks far MORE like a try.

There is clear downward (not just forward) pressure on the ball as it visibly jams down and actually has a bit of backspin put on it. How a video ref can (choose to) miss that is unbelievable. Outrageous decision.

hitman82

Bench
Just got to watch the game on a proper big screen (was watching on a dodgy live feed) and wow- I thought the disallowed try might look less like a try, but it looks far MORE like a try.

There is clear downward (not just forward) pressure on the ball as it visibly jams down and actually has a bit of backspin put on it. How a video ref can (choose to) miss that is unbelievable. Outrageous decision.

First reply I saw, I thought try. Final replay I saw, I thought try. It was a try. We got jewed hard.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah I thought it was a try but I don't think the Maloney one was

Actually yeah I was sketchy on the Maloney one.
How does the double movement rule work exactly? Is it totally opinion-dependent, or are there clear guidelines?

For some reason I thought if forward movement in the tackle had ceased, and the elbow of the ball-carrying arm had hit the turf, the tackle was deemed complete?

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I only saw one replay but it looked to me like he was still sliding as he advanced the ball. I would have accepted a no try but I think there was a reasonable argument for a fair try there.

Rebel

First Grade
Stuart Raper thinks they both were tries....

PANTHERS v WARRIORS

The Manu Vatuvei no-try call – do you agree with it?
I believe they got this call wrong. Especially when you have the option to give it ‘benefit of the doubt’. It is a tough one to call; it looks like Vatuvei’s hand comes in contact with the ball and the ball stops rolling and bounces up. We believe it should have been awarded a try.
Did you agree with the decision to award James Maloney a try – was it a double-movement?
There is no doubt that this was a try. Maloney does not promote the ball, it is already out and over the try-line, he is entitled to put it down. He didn’t bring it up off a position of his chest or try to reach out, the ball is always out and he puts it down. So they got that call right.