What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R14 | Sun | Roosters 22-40 Broncos | Allianz

Round 14 result: Roosters v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Cechin is easily the worst ref in the game. There are at least 3 controversial calls every time that dick controls a game.

The weird thing is i remember him being a shit linesman too. I remember Gould giving it to him big time saying he was chucking his flag up just to get on tv. f**k knows how he even got close to being in charge of first grade let alone an origin game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ceccin is a joke and definately he is the pet of Harrigan. He was dropped to being a touchie for a few yrs and then he comes back and within a few yrs he is reffing a GF and origin. Something really smells with his promotions.
As for the game....shocked at the score and will take it.

sputneek

Juniors
I'd like to the see the reasoning given behind Wallace's double movement.

"Yeah we accidently gave the Roosters one they didn't deserve so we evened the score up"

It doesn't matter if momentum was gonna take him over or not, he made a double movement and that should be the end of the story. There was no benefit of the doubt about it.

some11

Referee
Yep I said the same thing when watching it, double movement but they'll give it as a square-up.

Xfactor1979

Bench
What a poorly officiated game of football

Luckily (other than 2 points) there was nothing riding on this game

wibble

Bench
I thought both teams tried hard, in tough circumstances.

Broncos deserved the win, and were missing a lot of players, but Roosters missing a half made it tough for them too. Game was interesting to watch given the poor weather and Origin depleted sides. Norman was great again, becoming a really top shelf half. Bagging Anasta is a bit harsh- I thought he was quite good.

I'd like to remain focused on the teams and the football, but oh my goodness, the refereeing was diabolical. It was like after they made one colossal error they had to "square up" so made another terrible mistake, then realised they went too far and had to make another terrible decision the other way.

Sterling at the end of the coverage said it was a high scoring affair for such poor weather, and he's right, but only if you count all those tries as actual tries. If the refereeing had been even half decent, the score was probably about 16-12 to the Broncos. The standard of refereeing there has me truly concerned for the remainder of the Origin series and the finals- this could be the worst year of big game stuff ups ever if nothing is done about it, and that would be saying something after some of the recent crap years.

This game again showed why two referees adds nothing to the game...

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
Agree with everyone about the reffing. That was simply atrocious!

Glad the team that deserved it still won, and glad it was the Broncos. Wallace stood up big time, McCullough the same and Norman finished very well after being very discreet.

Proud of that very young forward pack, measuring up against the chooks monster pack.

renouf

Juniors
Agree with everyone about the reffing. That was simply atrocious!

Glad the team that deserved it still won, and glad it was the Broncos. Wallace stood up big time, McCullough the same and Norman finished very well after being very discreet.

Proud of that very young forward pack, measuring up against the chooks monster pack.

Some of them are big buggers, but they lack intelligence. Gus hit the nail on the head with Nuuausala. Why run the ball back at a million miles an hour if you can't carry it properly? Brainless.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Bagging Anasta is a bit harsh- I thought he was quite good.

He's been playing in the NRL for what 10 years now, but he still lacks instinct, so often he butchers decent opportunities by choosing the wrong tactic. He throws way too many shit passes and for every decent bomb he puts up, there's a good ten poorly weighted kicks.

If it just happened in the occasional game it wouldn't be such a big deal, but he does it every week.

Lambretta

First Grade
Yet another game where the Roosters cop some really bad calls and those calls lead directly to tries against us.

We won our second penalty count for the season admittedly, but with the poor weather and our poor attacking structures we just couldn't take advantage. Had it been a dry track we probably would have managed much better - but once it rains we needn't bother watching the game. The result is pre determined by our own deficiencies.

What this game highlighted yet again is the Roosters complete and utter inability to cope with adversity.

The Broncos copped a dud call with that try awarded to the Roosters in the first half - but they didn't drop their heads. They keep to their game plan and keep sticking to the opposition. They're a joy to watch to be honest. Us, well, something goes wrong (and it always does for whatever f**king reason) and we just fail to lift ourselves to deal with it. Be it a dud penalty, an awful turnover, a referee error etc - but whatever goes against us always leads to points to the opposition and it's just not good enough. We lack heart. Plain and simple.

Oh and one point I want to make is right before the Broncos second try, the referee played an advantage to the Broncos where they passed the ball five or six times. When the tackle was eventually completed he blew a penalty for offside and I get the feeling he would have done the same had the Broncos passed the ball another fifteen times. I wasn't aware that we were watching Rugby Union, but for five or six passes we were.

We'll never see that again all season and of course it led to a try.
Then there was the double movement and then the try from the guy that got up and ran the ball when he should have played it.

Three tries scored directly from moments that for any other team wouldn't have happened. But and I can't stress this enough - not once did we stand up and deal with the error that the referee made. Every time we drop our heads and it leads to points and it's just not good enough.

Well done Bronocs for taking full advantage. You deserved that win today regardless of the errors made by the men controlling the game.

AuDragon

Juniors
Oh and one point I want to make is right before the Broncos second try, the referee played an advantage to the Broncos where they passed the ball five or six times. When the tackle was eventually completed he blew a penalty for offside and I get the feeling he would have done the same had the Broncos passed the ball another fifteen times. I wasn't aware that we were watching Rugby Union, but for five or six passes we were.

Then there was the double movement and then the try from the guy that got up and ran the ball when he should have played it.
Far from me to even think about giving any excuse to these refs, but that penalty was given because one of the Roosters players that made the final tackle never got onside. If you check the replay and listen to the refs remarks, that was the reason for that call...

The Broncos copped a fair bit of bad calls as well, starting with the first 2 Roosters tries, a penalty for lifting to Te'o that was even worse than the 50/50 call in Origin on Cooper Cronk against Bird, the penalty against McGuire where he emerges with his jersey torn after being hold down by the Roosters player, etc...

Once again, not excusing the horrible refereeing!
I mean, there is no excuse for the Glenn try after Maranta took off with the ball. I'm curious as to what reasoning they're going to give to that... I've heard a theory that the Roosters player disputing the ball was offside (accidental), and they ruled play on instead of a penalty :crazy:

I wouldn't have given the Wallace try, although I agree he would have got there anyway on momentum. But it didn't look good...

Pigskin

Juniors
I tipped the Roosters today :( What a great performance by our young fellas ... was so great to see them all enthusiastic and really trying their hardest ... looked like a really happy team and I hope to see more of it.

Refs were disgraceful, but the better team won.

Where to for the Roosters ? Sack the coach and buy some players like normal ?

Would love to see JWH and The Big Show go at it ... Big Show is pretty tough ... if he could survive the initial onslaught he might go alright.

McGuire should be wearing maroon on Wednesday night.

Oink !

Bretto

Bench
Yet another game where the Roosters cop some really bad calls and those calls lead directly to tries against us.

We won our second penalty count for the season admittedly, but with the poor weather and our poor attacking structures we just couldn't take advantage. Had it been a dry track we probably would have managed much better - but once it rains we needn't bother watching the game. The result is pre determined by our own deficiencies.

What this game highlighted yet again is the Roosters complete and utter inability to cope with adversity.

The Broncos copped a dud call with that try awarded to the Roosters in the first half - but they didn't drop their heads. They keep to their game plan and keep sticking to the opposition. They're a joy to watch to be honest. Us, well, something goes wrong (and it always does for whatever f**king reason) and we just fail to lift ourselves to deal with it. Be it a dud penalty, an awful turnover, a referee error etc - but whatever goes against us always leads to points to the opposition and it's just not good enough. We lack heart. Plain and simple.

Three tries scored directly from moments that for any other team wouldn't have happened. But and I can't stress this enough - not once did we stand up and deal with the error that the referee made. Every time we drop our heads and it leads to points and it's just not good enough.

Well done Bronocs for taking full advantage. You deserved that win today regardless of the errors made by the men controlling the game.

Much respect for this post mate, well done. Very honest assessment of the game and both teams I thought.

On the plus side for Brisbane, we looked really good even without our stars. Everyone did their job and our young forward pack really got going against a bigger Roosters pack.

And just on that, how big are the Roosters pack? Honestly. Some of those blokes are enormous. The hit that got put on Alex Glenn was out of this world. I dunno how tough Glenn is, but he just got right back up and played the ball.

Plusses for the Roosters is your forward pack are huge, and they get good meters and compete well. The problem is they're ill disciplined. Kind of reminds me of thugs without any discipline at times. They hit hard and make good meters, but then want to carry on with it and be tough men, when they just need to play footy.

Mortimer and Anasta were good I think. Braithe really seems to get frustrated by referee decisions, and it's something I've seen him do quite a bit. He makes the occasional poor pass etc, but he's a solid player. Mortimer really tried too. He took the line on a few times and gave some decent ball to his backs. Moga was very quiet, but Leilua (spelling?) was quite good.

I think the Broncos outplayed the Roosters all over the park TBH, and despite the poor ref calls (which I never go into on here), I thought we saw a good game of footy, despite the conditions. The scoreline probably blew out a bit at the end, but it was a rather tight contest for the most part.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
he's obviously speaking of you Bretto, you gonna sit there and allow him to make an example out of you?

Latest posts