What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R15 | Sun | Tigers 28-42 Roosters | Leichhardt

Round 15 result: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Joker

Juniors
Tigers to win after the Roosters are denied a match winning try by the refs simply because they're the Roosters

Eddie.

Bench
Roosters to lose because they have dumb and undisciplined players. Anasta is carrying on about the refs all year and he should look in his own backyard, his form has been terrible. They match up well against the Tigers and always cause them problems with their size and skill. However there just a dumb footy side and that's why I think the Tigers can squeak home.

Could be a very high quality and exciting game.

Roosters to lose because they have dumb and undisciplined players. Anasta is carrying on about the refs all year and he should look in his own backyard, his form has been terrible. They match up well against the Tigers and always cause them problems with their size and skill. However there just a dumb footy side and that's why I think the Tigers can squeak home.

I agree with your post. We know we have a dumb footy side and are frustrated more than anyone at the penalties they give away. My beef however is seeing the opposition get away with the same stuff almost every week. Many people (including me) believe that refs turn up with a pre determined attitude on how to police a game by knowing the teams' history of discipline. The Roosters changing their attitude will change this of course but it's still wrong. Refs should adjudicate both teams the same way every time. Also, Anasta's constant gripes with the refs is just an attempt at taking attention away from his deficiencies as a player and as a captain. His frustration doesn't do anything for encouraging the team. Good luck with him next year Tigers.
Looking forward to an exciting, fast paced game before we drop our heads.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
I am not sure whether it is a predetermined attitude or it gets to a point with Braith that the attitude shifts to "you know what, f**k this idiot". Farah copped it when he was first captain and he whined too much. He changed and toned it back, Braith has not

Valheru

Coach

Lol it’s Braith’s attitude that makes the refs and video refs make stupid decisions week after week?

gronkathon

First Grade
Wests Tigers have lost talented young five-eighth Curtis Sironen for Sunday’s match against the Sydney Roosters at Leichhardt Oval.
Sironen will undergo minor knee surgery this week and is expected to miss the next two matches.
Wests Tigers have the bye in round 17 and are hoping Sironen will be fit for selection for the round 18 home match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Allianz Stadium on Friday, July 6.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-...TO-MISS-ROOSTERS-CLASH-WITH-KNEE-INJURY/57063

Dagnabbit

Earl

Coach
There is nothing better than watching the Tigers play at Leichhardt on a Sunday Afternoon - Gus Gould 2008 -2012

super_coach

First Grade
Chooks if they have not clocked off for 2012 will be a real handful for the tigers. The chooks have lost plenty this year but have played okay, the tigers won seven on a trot and have not played well,it's a cruel game and you need plenty of luck.

I think the chooks are in with a big chance the Tigers streak is getting close to the end, sheens had to pull the whip early this year and they are dying on their run.He had to flog his front row and they are showing signs of tiring.

Chooks by a handy margin by winning the forward battle

T.T

Juniors
would like to see moltzen at 7, marshall to 6. beau ryan at 1.. then ayshford in at centre..

MacDougall

First Grade
Chooks if they have not clocked off for 2012 will be a real handful for the tigers. The chooks have lost plenty this year but have played okay, the tigers won seven on a trot and have not played well,it's a cruel game and you need plenty of luck.

I think the chooks are in with a big chance the Tigers streak is getting close to the end, sheens had to pull the whip early this year and they are dying on their run.He had to flog his front row and they are showing signs of tiring.

Chooks by a handy margin by winning the forward battle

So what makes you think that the Tigers pack is going to be dominated by the Roosters? The Warriors dominated the Roosters and the Tigers handled them. I can't see Woods and Galloway especially losing form any time soon with both still pushing for Origin.

Tommy Smith

Referee
At no point this year have the Warriors dominated our forward pack. We violently molested them in our first match up at the SFS this year. And in the return clash more than held our own.

Not saying we're going to overpower the Tigers pack. Just putting right that little piece of misinformation.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And for the record, Tigers by plenty. Benji is my Dream Team captain this week for a reason.

We're an inherently stupid football team. For so long has this been the case, even in our GF year, that i fear dumb passes and stupid penalties have become part of our culture.

Thankfully we'll go a long way towards alleviating the dumb passes aspect of our game once we offload Braith to the Tigers next year. Now all we need to do is dispose of Jake Friend.