What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R2 | Sat | Titans 12-24 Raiders | Skilled

Round 2 result: Titans v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Doh!

Hopefully the Furnace keeps kicking.

I think poor Reece Robinson will have his work cut out for him getting back in the side. Wighton was unbelievable.

I'm sure targeting the young bloke was a big piece of the Titan's game plan and it really screwed them.

He was terrific. I honestly don't know how Reece Robinson makes 1st grade, he is ordinary

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Reece is one of those reliable "gets the job done" sort of players. But young Jack exceeded any expectations tonight.

His all-round game is nothing short of impressive. I don't think the kid knows what nerves are.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Don't think Wighton will be going back to U20s anytime soon. Fantastic debut. The result could have easily gone the other way if not for his work in defence

mongoose

Coach
According to Wighton's profile he can bench 50kg lol... i didnt see the game but is he really small?

Even I can bench 90kg

Raider_69

Post Whore
He is small, but he didnt look too small to me, played well above his size

he's not an athlete, he's a footballer, i thought in 20's he looked to be developing into the mould of a jamie lyon or chris lawrence, rather than an isreal folau or jamal idris and he looked to play that way in the top grade. Smart footballer, big future ahead of him

skeepe

Immortal

he's not an athlete, he's a footballer, i thought in 20's he looked to be developing into the mould of a jamie lyon or chris lawrence, rather than an isreal folau or jamal idris and he looked to play that way in the top grade. Smart footballer, big future ahead of him

The real exciting thing about Wighton is that last night is the first time he has ever played wing in his life, and he looked a natural.

typicalfan

Coach

He is a footballer and an athlete. Those qualities aren't mutually exclusive. He isn't Lyon or Lawrence and could be better than both. If he models himself on Lyon expect him to walk out on your club mid season and have no desire for rep footy.

Noa

First Grade
He's small weight wise but plenty of height there. Will be a very decent size by the time he fills out

Raider_69

Post Whore
He is a footballer and an athlete. Those qualities aren't mutually exclusive. He isn't Lyon or Lawrence and could be better than both. If he models himself on Lyon expect him to walk out on your club mid season and have no desire for rep footy.

i think you've missed the point

wighton isnt modelling himself mentally on any of these guys. But physicially and skill wise he's more the lawrence or lyon. Not to say they arent athletes, just they are more footballers than athletes, they have the athletic qualities to make them two of the best in their positions, but mostly its their football IQ that gets them where they are. Thats how i see Wighton

Folau and Idris arent great footballers, never really have been. Athleticially they are off the charts and that brings them back to the pack and often over the pack for their play ont he field.

Wighton has more brain than braun is i guess what im trying to say.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Not sure how this wasn't a penalty try.

Intentional offside man stops a sure try.... Gets 10 in the bin, but no try awarded. Seemed as as clear cut penalty try as you can get

Thought I was the only one thinking this. Try is surely BOD or penalty try. Tits yet again done up the pooper by the refs.

Do refs even know what a penalty try is?

Latest posts