What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R2 | Sun | Sharks 6-18 Knights | Toyota

Round 2 result: Sharks v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Our forwards will need to stand up this week, certainly got the class in the backs to win just need to dominate the sharks pack which won't be easy.

Snowden to score the match winner. Kiss the Knights badge in celebration.

Knights by 6.

Valheru

Coach
IMO this is the most interesting game of the weekend. The loser will really start to feel the pressure with a 0-2 start. Both teams are coming off infamous golden point losses but Cronulla impressed me where Newcastle didn’t. The Knights do get the long turnaround though whilst the sharks back up from torturous conditions.

Sharks to sneak home.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am of the opinion Wayne will tinker with side before he gets the config right.

This is to our advantage.

Still like all games, hold the pil, win the game.

rnb11

Juniors
Knights new combos will start to click and will be hard to beat. All Newcastle have to do is shut down Gallen, the Knights have too many good players for Cronulla to shut down.

Pretty equal forward pack but Knights classy backline should get them the win.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Knights new combos will start to click and will be hard to beat. All Newcastle have to do is shut down Gallen, the Knights have too many good players for Cronulla to shut down.

Pretty equal forward pack but Knights classy backline should get them the win.

As well as Toupou, Smith, Bakuya, Carney, Graham and Gardner :lol:

Noname36

First Grade
I think the sharkies may just get us here, especially at home. The Knights still look to be finding their feet a bit and working on new combinations and it will probably take a few more weeks to really click...where the sharks look to have started the season firing and really should have won last week.

It'll all come down to the forwards. If the Knights' pack can aim up we'll win, but if it's a repeat of last week the sharks should sneak home 1-12.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
As well as Toupou, Smith, Bakuya, Carney, Graham and Gardner :lol:
Toupou? :lol:
Smith? :lol:
Bakuya? Now you're just taking the piss
Carney? Yeah I'll give you that one
Graham? :lol:
Gardner? I'll give you that one too

Chip Bayless

Juniors
I reluctantly tipped the Newcastle Knights. I just have a feeling about this Sharks team early in the season. I think they can make a fast start to the year. After that is anyone's guess, especially around Origin time. I don't see them as a wooden spoon team with a healthy Todd Carney.

Newcastle will eventually click in to gear. Again, this side will live and die with Mullen. If he fires and plays to his potential whilst staying fit, this side can be a premiership threat. I look at 2013 as being a year where they're worthy of the praise some have bestowed upon them in the pre-season. I think 2012 is a little early for talk of a premiership. Bennett has never won in year one with any team he has coached. I can't see him bucking the trend with this team.

MacDougall

First Grade
Toupou? :lol:
Smith? :lol:
Bakuya? Now you're just taking the piss
Carney? Yeah I'll give you that one
Graham? :lol:
Gardner? I'll give you that one too

De Gois ain't a slouch either. Nor is Bukuya you idiot. He's an absolute gun and will be dominant for a long time to come.

Latest posts