What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R22 | Sun | Titans 18-22 Rabbitohs | Skilled

Round 22 result: Titans v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
A complete inability to ever admit their team got lucky or their players infringed probably has something to do with why most other teams' fans get a little sick of the souff synney bandwagoners

Ziggy the God

First Grade
A complete inability to ever admit their team got lucky or their players infringed probably has something to do with why most other teams' fans get a little sick of the souff synney bandwagoners

No, plenty of us admit it when we get lucky or play shiate.

When it goes the other way, it is conveniently overlooked.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't think the refs won the game for Souths, the Titans had a lot of opportunities and butchered them on the back of poor execution.

Fairfax

Juniors
Those calls at 6-6 changed the game. 12-6 Titans makes it a different game altogether. I just wish the standard lifted.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Strange calls no doubt, but they're a professional side, you have to play what's in front of you and the Titans had enough opportunities to hit back and they bombed them. There were so many occasions when they Titans had an overlap on one side and went the other way.

I hate Souths, and have enjoyed watching the Titans hit form, but the Titans paid for their own poor execution today, mental toughness is extremely important and a big part of that is bouncing back when things don't go your way. Should it happen? No. But it does.

gotitans101

Juniors
the Titans had a lot of opportunities and butchered them on the back of poor execution.

The story for us of the past 2 years.

But credit where it's due, Souths were great again defensively today. Definitely a team to watch out for come finals time.

Cliffhanger

Coach
It's a shame really, it's great to see Prince back in good form, hopefully he gets the Titans into the final.

typicalfan

Coach
You make your own luck.

Fairfax

Juniors
Seems I am not alone in thinking today was particularly bad.

###############

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...bbitohs-v-titans/story-e6frexnr-1226443207994

Yesterday's match was locked at 6-6 when video ref Sean Hampstead denied Gold Coast a try one minute, then awarded Souths one the next.
It swung the match.
David Mead had a try disallowed in the 33rd minute when Hampstead ruled a penalty against Luke O'Dwyer for pushing Chris McQueen in the lead-up to him sending Mead over in the corner. Several replays suggested O'Dwyer was severely hard done by.
Within a minute, Souths got lucky again when McQueen appeared to fumble in the lead-up to a Justin Hunt try that gave Souths a 10-6 half-time lead.
This time the try was awarded, to the disbelief of almost everyone.

Danish

Referee
You make your own luck.

A nice saying that carries no weight in reality.

To be fair to Souths they defended for their lives today and certainly earned a win, but they still in the end got some lucky calls. To me the biggest being the non-sin binning of Merritt in the first half

BranVan3000

Coach

###############

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...bbitohs-v-titans/story-e6frexnr-1226443207994

Yesterday's match was locked at 6-6 when video ref Sean Hampstead denied Gold Coast a try one minute, then awarded Souths one the next.
It swung the match.
David Mead had a try disallowed in the 33rd minute when Hampstead ruled a penalty against Luke O'Dwyer for pushing Chris McQueen in the lead-up to him sending Mead over in the corner. Several replays suggested O'Dwyer was severely hard done by.
Within a minute, Souths got lucky again when McQueen appeared to fumble in the lead-up to a Justin Hunt try that gave Souths a 10-6 half-time lead.
How is the first not a penalty?

the dude

Juniors
The Titans definitely gave us our toughest match at least since the Roosters. I think they are good enough to make the 8.

3-0 without Issac Luke and 2-0 without Inglis. The short turnaround for Manly will make things very tough but I can't see us finishing any lower than 2nd from here

BranVan3000

Coach
The Titans definitely gave us our toughest match at least since the Roosters. I think they are good enough to make the 8.

3-0 without Issac Luke and 2-0 without Inglis. The short turnaround for Manly will make things very tough but I can't see us finishing any lower than 2nd from here

Melbourne are too close for comfort with a better F/A. We will need to keep winnig. If they lose another we will have that breathing space

Mr Blonde

Juniors

###############

It swung the match.

When the Daily Telegraph journalists agree with you, you know you're right. :sarcasm:

Cliffhanger

Coach
TBH I felt the Titans should have been awarded the Mead try, McQueen got in O'Dwyer's way there wasn't much O'Dwyer could have done, the video ref should have used common sense.

But anybody who says Souths one because they were lucky should stfu, it looked like they were controlling their intensity throughout the match, the Titans worked harder and created more opportunities but Souths played better football. They looked like the better team out there. I hate the bastards and it's painful to see them playing well, but some people are just being straight up soft.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/official-view-rd-22-Souths-call-right

Titans v Rabbitohs

Did Titan Luke O'Dwyer take out Rabbitoh Chris McQueen? Did you agree with the decision to penalise O'Dwyer and disallow the try?

O'Dwyer pushes a player out of the way in his attempt to get the ball and you can't do that. The right decision was to penalise O'Dwyer for this action.

In the 35th minute, is Dylan Farrell offside from the kick before hitting it back to Sam Burgess? Is there a knock on from Chris McQueen before the Rabbitohs score?

They got the correct decision on this. When you freeze frame the first kick, it shows that Dylan Farrell is on side. He hits it back to Sam Burgess who then kicks the ball back across field and there is a contest for the ball. Chris McQueen does clearly touch the ball, but it goes backwards off his hands. The ball then hits Scott Prince, who is behind McQueen, and the ball travels towards the Titans in-goal area off Prince's hands. This is why it appears the ball has travelled forward. But it has not come forward off McQueen. It is a fair try.

Bumble

First Grade
Because McQueen wasn't contesting the ball, only trying to prevent O'Dwyer from contesting it. O'Dwyer had every right to push him out of the road.

So from now on, if any defensive winger is trying to shield a grubber kick over the dead ball line, an attacking winger can just shove him out of the way?

BranVan3000

Coach
Because McQueen wasn't contesting the ball, only trying to prevent O'Dwyer from contesting it. O'Dwyer had every right to push him out of the road.

The ball was coming right down into McQueens arms. Eeven if he was just blocking, ODwyer pushing him over removed any chance of him contesting the ball. Therefore it was an illegal play. Simple.