What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R23 | Fri | Storm 24-16 Titans | AAMI

Round 23 result: Storm v Titans

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
Storm have the refs to thank for winning this

Titans have more penalties.
Obviously there is more to it than that, but I don't think the refs have had any impact on the result.

I think the missing players simply resulted in the Titans running out of fuel.

no name

Coach
Gutsy effort from the Titans.
A few crucial calls against them cost the game. Probably the most important one went unnoticed, Bird penalised for holding down on a pretty standard tackle in the wet. Scores were at 10 nil, two minutes later it was 12-10.
Too many shitty showings early in the year ended up costing them.

user_nat

Coach
Yeah, who would be more bias.. Titans fans or someone who doesn't care about the result.

2 tries allowed that should not have been tries has no impact on the result?
There was the questionable pass try and..?

Jason Maher

Immortal
All that off-field bullshit at the beginning of the year royally screwed the Titans. They are a far better team than their ladder position indicates.

no name

Coach
It was only the one try.
The fact that it was right on the back of another gave the Storm the ascendancy for the rest of the game.
Disappointing, but the Titans should have done more early in the year so they could afford to drop that game.

some11

Referee
All that off-field bullshit at the beginning of the year royally screwed the Titans. They are a far better team than their ladder position indicates.

And here I was thinking they have a coach that led them to the wooden spoon last year.

user_nat

Coach
It was only the one try.
The fact that it was right on the back of another gave the Storm the ascendancy for the rest of the game.
Disappointing, but the Titans should have done more early in the year so they could afford to drop that game.

Can still make the 8, just need to beat Manly in R26 (at Skilled). With a decent F/A boost against Parra and Penrith on the way. Which could result in playing Manly again the following week (I wouldn't back them to win it twice in a row).

If Bailey is seriously injured I don't like there chances though, pretty important player IMO.