What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R3 | Fri | Knights 10-24 Broncos | Hunter

Round 3 result: Knights v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
fu*k ch. 9

anyone see the post game interview with locky and hannant? asked him 2 questions then they cut him off

hahaha

RABK

Referee
Broncos still have a lot of class across the park and we'll be top 8 no doubt and if recruit well in their spine over the next couple of years a post lockyer premiership might not be as far off as we thought.

Newcastle - well errors, missed tackles and a slow defensive line. Waynes got a lot to work on and a competive well drilled Knights side looks a fair way off.

AuDragon

Juniors
Both sides with far too many errors, but overall the difference in class was much more obvious than I thought it would be, and were it not for the silly errors in attack, the score line could have been embarrassing for the Knights.

Also surprised at how easily we ate up the meters through the middle, with the Broncos forwards pretty much trampling their counterparts...

Jason Maher

Immortal
I wouldn't mind seeing that rule changed, personally.

It will be very interesting to watch the Broncos this year. Shithouse halves (well, Wallace can be good when he feels like it), but plenty of talent everywhere else.

mongoose

Coach
fu*k ch. 9

anyone see the post game interview with locky and hannant? asked him 2 questions then they cut him off

hahaha

When i watched it, Locky asked hannant 2 questions then there was a long awkward pause and then they finally cut away lol

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Good win to Brisbane. Perhaps made it harder than it needed to be such was their dominance in the forwards and across the board. Their halves still are cause for concern, I am not sure I can place them as a premiership threat on this fact alone as some are in the media. They will compete on sheer talent alone, I don't think talent alone will win this competition.

goosie

Juniors
average game this one. knights going down injured every five minutes lol broncos were average but still too good for newcastle.

Apey

Staff member
On the highlights video it looked like he had one foot in one foot out. Not the best view for it though.

imasharkie

Coach
On the highlights video it looked like he had one foot in one foot out. Not the best view for it though.

Definetly had a foot in the in goal, should have been a 20 mtr restart. Luckily for Hayne it didn't change the outcome of the game but he got it wrong and he should pay the penalty.

wibble

Bench
I expected McManus to get called back any time from 20 to 50m from his line (once I was sure he wasn't running for a quick tap) but he kept on running, and they allowed it. I like watching a play like that if it is in the rules, but I think the officials just messed up.

Knights scramble defense and defense on their line still looks good. As the Dragons used to, they get good numbers to the edges on their line. Broncos looked much like the Sharks did last week vs the Knights- making breaks but stuffing them up- but their class advantage in the outside backs compared to the helpless Sharks backline shone through and they converted some of their chances (not as many as their coaching staff would like, I would reckon). Hodges looks to be nearly unstoppable this season, without injury to slow him down.

Civoniceva slotted straight back into the starting line up like the champion he is, and he and Hannant are wreaking havoc with opposition teams at the moment. Norman is growing in to the role and looks better each week. I think Wallace stepped up too this week, and needed to. Broncos are a real title threat, even without Lockyer.

Wish the Knights made that many errors last week- their ball handling was pretty bad. Buderus still looks to be a great purchase (completely against my expectations)- shame he has to be rested in games now, Hilder looks a bit flustered by the pace of first grade nowadays. Uate is still as deadly as anyone in space. Stig is a work in progress but looked alright, I thought. Knights need to tidy their game a bit and I think they can still be strong this year.

wibble

Bench
Stig played?????

Whoops, was that Filipo? He doesn't look much like Stig...

Anyway, the guy playing first receiver when Hilder wasn't looking awful (he had a terrible game, really).

And Mullen was great in defense but gee he needs a steady partner in the halves.

Latest posts