What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R4 | Fri | Eels 6-39 Panthers | Parramatta

Round 4 result: Eels v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
The best thing I can say abouyt the Panthers is that they were workmanlike, although the errors crept in once the game was won. They could have won this by 60 or 70.

Parramatta were appalling in the first half, and merely bad in the second. I can't remember watching a worse performance from a first grade team. It is hard not to feel sorry for Parramatta and its coach.

Good assessment. There probably have been some worse efforts, since they really were merely bad in the second half, and the truly terrible games (like Melbourne v Dragons 70 point flogging with the classic Thommo falcon) are when teams play like keystone cops for 80 minutes.

But that first half from the Eels was total tripe, and their ball handling wasn't so bad either, which usually contributes to a poor effort. Just their defence and attack in the first half were extraordinarily bad. On the plus side for the Eels, even teams that struggle all year (and I'm not saying the Eels will, as Hayne is due back soon, but they very well might if they don't improve) rarely play that badly several games in a row.

Hopefully they can lift. Some LOLs for Parra haters might be had, but really, it does the NRL and viewers no good to see that standard of football for long periods of time.

GongPanther

Referee
@ Panther Daz.

The dead-set post of the year has to be when someone quoted that the Boos where meant for Penrith for not scoring more points.

A classic.

Latest posts