What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R6 | Sun | Cowboys 18-42 Storm | Dairy Farmers

Round 6 result: Cowboys v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You're not all there are you? Matt Scott is the best prop in the game by a country mile. I know you have your lime green glasses on but fair dinkum.

:lol: a country mile what rubbish. Shillington has been absolutely amazing this year. Also is the best performing prop in the game at this point of the season. Fact.

blaza88z

Coach
how do you guys measure who has been the "best" prop?

going by the stats posted above, Matt Scott averages 8.7m a run (which is .5m more the Shillington) and averages 10 more tackles

a Canberra fan will say Shillington is #1, a NQ fan will say Matt Scott is #1.. me.. well I dont care they're both QLDers

:lol:

thorson1987

Coach
I missed the game.

Did the cowboys play like crap or did we play awesome (well more awesome than normal)

I missed the game.

Did the cowboys play like crap or did we play awesome (well more awesome than normal)

Storm were just consistent across the park tonight and executed set plays well.

The pleasing thing was that Proctor dominated in the middle of the park and played his best game for Storm IMO..Ryles made good metres as well.

Neilson and Widdop targeted Tate and co and often broke the line...Smithy and Cronk once again set the platform.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
how do you guys measure who has been the "best" prop?

going by the stats posted above, Matt Scott averages 8.7m a run (which is .5m more the Shillington) and averages 10 more tackles

a Canberra fan will say Shillington is #1, a NQ fan will say Matt Scott is #1.. me.. well I dont care they're both QLDers

:lol:

Scott has also put in two sub 100m matches where the only time Shillington has done so was when he only played 38 minutes against the Tigers due to injury. He would have almost certainly had run 100m in that game because he had got to 94m before injury struck.

For just carting the ball up and putting in 120-150m per game you just can't beat Shillo. (he run 196m against the Titans too which is pretty amazing)

I am happy with the notion that they are both excellent props but its the guff the cowboys supporters and others go on about when the simple fact that Shillington is at worst the equal of Scott (but he is quite clearly better :p)

stormbati

Bench
As good as Melbourne were (at times) The Cowboys defense was really bad! Shocking really.
Some of those tries were park footy stuff.
Matt Bowen had his head somewhere else and Thurston looked nothing like a rep class player let alone an elite player.

How Ash Graham is still in first grade amazes me!

TBH honest the Storm werent at their best, made alot of handling errors but it really didnt take much to get through the Cowboys defense.

Damn Storm the Cows did ok in the 1st half despite the domination of the Storm but the 2nd half :( reminded me of the Cows vs Manly last year where it just blew out very quickly. I expect Cows to work on there defense alot this week get back on track beating the Chooks.

elyod138

Bench
As good as Melbourne were (at times) The Cowboys defense was really bad! Shocking really.
Some of those tries were park footy stuff.
Matt Bowen had his head somewhere else and Thurston looked nothing like a rep class player let alone an elite player.

How Ash Graham is still in first grade amazes me!

TBH honest the Storm werent at their best, made alot of handling errors but it really didnt take much to get through the Cowboys defense.

The Cowboys defense was mostly excellent in the first half.

As soon as Linnett was injured the Storm targeted that area and reaped the rewards.

Latest posts