What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R6 | Sun | Knights 14-6 Eels | Hunter

Round 6 result: Knights v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJShaksta

First Grade
Again we have a rubbish game on a Sunday arvo when the Sharks Dragons game could've been on.

No disrespect to the knights or eels - but that was an utterly pathetic game to watch.

They both need to improve or they can plan their end of season trips now.

mongoose

Coach
Mullen put in another good performance too, especially defensively. Game sealing 40/20 too. Hopefully the media dont pick up on his form (suprising he hasnt been mentioned along with the Carneys, Campeses, Wallaces etc.). He is better for it without that kind of pressure.

you didn't listen to the channel 9 love in for him today?

Raider_69

Post Whore
550k for Sandow
what planet were they on?!

Mullen has had a good game.
Neither side are top 8 teams based on this game though. Very average football being played

BunniesMan

Immortal
550k for Sandow
what planet were they on?!

Mullen has had a good game.
Neither side are top 8 teams based on this game though. Very average football being played
No no no no no, ask Eels fans, they're paying him about $6.50 an hour.

Apey

Staff member
I swear that games between these 2 teams are always terrible.

:lol: indeed there has been some terrible games between these two. Never forget that game where it was dropped 4x in the last minute before half time.

Knights still look completely lost at times (although marginally less than Parra) but at least we got the 2 points I suppose

Grapple

Bench
I like Parra, but they deserve it when they fork out that kinda cash for Sandow. Roberts has at least shown some kind of initiative with the ball.

Is it just me or is their forward pack the worst in the comp?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Knights still look completely lost at times (although marginally less than Parra) but at least we got the 2 points I suppose

You gotta be able to win ugly in the NRL. If i were a knights fan, you take the two points, run and start thinking about improvements for next week, because you wont get many wins playing like this.

Bretto

Bench
Chris Sandow cost them $550k? Wow. You think for that kinda money he would at least be in shape. He's about 5"3 and 110kgs by the look of him. Fair dinkum.

jonno_knights

Juniors
you didn't listen to the channel 9 love in for him today?

Well half the time it was Roberts, not Mullen (Serious Warren mustnt even read a team sheet). But yeh they did praise him quite a bit today, but none of it wasnt well deserved. His defence was top notch on Fui time after time.

But in terms of the print media talking up the NSW halves he hasnt been mentioned a great deal, strange considering he has always made it into contention the last few seasons despite not playing as well as he is now.

It'll be interesting to see who the selectors go with in the Country halves with Carney, Campese, Soward, Mullen and Maloney probably 5 of the 6 best options NSW have. Wallace and Pearce will no doubt be the City duo.

BranVan3000

Coach
lol I can't believe how content Parra look in just losing this. It's not that they are playing badly, it's that they don't give a f**k. They are putting in the minimum possible effort. Especially the likes of Sandow, he is fitting in beautifully. He looks fat, and is running the ball as few times as he has to. Winning a game? Who cares, we did that once already!

You can see even Knights are rushing into scrums and plays quicker despite being ahead and the clock ticking down

Wow switched if off after the first half, I just couldn't handle it.

It was a very low quality games, plagued with errors and just genuinely boring play.

You want to know how bad it was ? I actually turned it off to do an assignment. :crazy:

Also is sandow injured, because every time he stepped off his left leg he just fell to the ground? Hayne also did a similar thing ?!

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I like Parra, but they deserve it when they fork out that kinda cash for Sandow. Roberts has at least shown some kind of initiative with the ball.

Is it just me or is their forward pack the worst in the comp?[/QUOTE]

No...have to agree. Even Sandow (& the other backs) could create something if they had a couple of forwards that could lay a platform but it ain't happening

Bretto

Bench
Wow switched if off after the first half, I just couldn't handle it.

It was a very low quality games, plagued with errors and just genuinely boring play.

You want to know how bad it was ? I actually turned it off to do an assignment. :crazy:

Also is sandow injured, because every time he stepped off his left leg he just fell to the ground? Hayne also did a similar thing ?!

That's probably just the weight of Sandows' gut acting on inertia and swinging him into the ground.

mongoose

Coach
Knights will be competitive in every game they play under Bennet but f**k me they are boring. I thought they were one of the more entertaining sides under Rick Stone..

Latest posts