What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R6 | Sun | Knights 14-6 Eels | Hunter

Round 6 result: Knights v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Wow switched if off after the first half, I just couldn't handle it.

It was a very low quality games, plagued with errors and just genuinely boring play.

You want to know how bad it was ? I actually turned it off to do an assignment. :crazy:

Also is sandow injured, because every time he stepped off his left leg he just fell to the ground? Hayne also did a similar thing ?!
Sandow probably saw Hayne being able to put in a half effort cause of his injury so he figured he'd copy and put in a half effort too

Can I also add that Tim Mannah is the most robotic, stiff prop in the game.

He just cannot seem to get up like a normal human being, it's like he has to rely on his momentum to get him up and when that fails he loses the ball.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Knights will be competitive in every game they play under Bennet but f**k me they are boring. I thought they were one of the more entertaining sides under Rick Stone..

You are not wrong there, outside the last 15minutes last week we havent played much ad-lib footy, which was really the only time we have been completely out of a match this year.

To me it seems as though their game plan really hasnt changed too much, a lot of short passing by the props which they did heaps with Faas, Tolar, Wicks, Taufua etc, and plenty of involvement from the backs rucking it out from their own area. Two things prominent in the Smith/Stone era.

Definately not shifting the ball as much in their own 50 as they use to though, which definately seems like a Bennett influence. Bennetts sweeping backline movement with Boyd has been introduced again, which is stupid because teams had figured it out halfway through last year.

Overall though, it seems that Stone still has a heavy influence on the style of their attack as assistant coach. While Bennett and his staff have tried to improve the defensive structure. And Bennett has tried to instill a more 'grind it out' approach, which isnt working too much cause we are still making stupid errors.

Noname36

First Grade
Knights will be competitive in every game they play under Bennet but f**k me they are boring. I thought they were one of the more entertaining sides under Rick Stone..

It's not really that we're boring. It's that at the moment we're genuinely not good enough to be playing an expansive style of footy. You cant do much in attack when you drop the ball every f**king set. As Bennett himself said, we need to get the basics right first and make everything simple before we can begin playing more expansive in attack. Last year we looked better in attack, but every other aspect of our game was lacking. Take the game last week against Melb for example, we would have lost that by 50 last year.

Most of the players seem to be really lacking in confidence at the moment.

I still think there are some very good signs there, and we're certainly a work in progress. I'd hate to see our position on the ladder if it weren't for Mullen though. He's really dragging the side along at the moment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
550k for Sandow
what planet were they on?!

He's going ok. Already scored three tries this year, four linebreak assists and he's improved our kicking game massively.

And he'll only get better.

Bit early to be writing him off, but I guess if you don't like the guy or the club he plays for you might as well kick him while you can.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: good luck to you blokes and him but 550k for that bloke as a half is garbage and i think you know it

BranVan3000

Coach
He's going ok. Already scored three tries this year, four linebreak assists and he's improved our kicking game massively.

And he'll only get better.

Bit early to be writing him off, but I guess if you don't like the guy or the club he plays for you might as well kick him while you can.
lol mate you are dreaming he isn't half as good as he was last year

blaza88z

Coach
all these souffs fans ripping on Sandow, you'd take him back tomorrow without any hesitation at all

BranVan3000

Coach
all these souffs fans ripping on Sandow, you'd take him back tomorrow without any hesitation at all

Why Reynolds has played much better than Sandow this year. Though I like Sandow Id take him on the 200k he is worth; that we offered him, maybe shift him to five eight. He would definitely play better under a real coach

natheel

Coach
That's how it feels aye..

Cuthbertson is also good for an error a game like Costigan, only this time his error lead to a try, which he was involved in and was pretty shithouse attempt at wrapping Mannah up.

that's how it feels? mate knights have played just as boring footy as us this year.

blaza88z

Coach
does Wayne Bennett coach teams to play boring? I know being a Brisbane fan when he was with us it didn't strike me as being "boring" but just recently with the Saints and the Knights, you can definately mount an argument..

I know those fans will say "oh we don't care, we're winning games playing boring" but still, is Wayne Bennett coaching teams to play boring?

BranVan3000

Coach
He teaches them to get the basics right before they start being expansive. Problem with Knights right now is they are struggling to maintain interest and intensity playing basic.

Spot On

Coach
Can only imagine the error count if they start throwing it around. Playing safe and simple is proving to be testing for some of them.

to_ddeath

Coach
Terrible terrible game this was. Watching paint dry would have been more productive this arvo....

T.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why Reynolds has played much better than Sandow this year. Though I like Sandow Id take him on the 200k he is worth; that we offered him, maybe shift him to five eight. He would definitely play better under a real coach

Wait til he finds his feet, smartarse. He's already got half (four-ninths actually) as many LBAs (four) in six games for us as he made all of last year at Souths (nine).

He's learning to play as part of a team at Parra and it's inevitable there will be some teething pains in the transition. He's kicked well and he's a threat to run - he ran 11 times for 75 metres today, with six tackle breaks. When the rest of the team get used to playing with a playmaker other than Jarryd Hayne (who has been Robinson Crusoe for the past three years), Sandow will shine.

I'm sure you wish him all the best.

Latest posts