What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R8 | Sun | Raiders 22-44 Sharks | Canberra

Round 8 result: Raiders v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
Hang on, weren't the raiders forwards gunna smash and dominate all before them?

Oh that's right, they are the most over rated forward pack in the game. The only player who is under rated in the raiders pack is tilse.

Fensom and papalli are rated fairly, but pillow and tll.... Lol

I'm not sure they were rated as the best by most neutrals, just that they are a relative strength of theirs compared to other areas. I still think this is true, and they did well in the forwards v Melbourne, which seems a key to beating the Storm.

I'd say (with a tiny, unavoidable degree of smugness) that they were up against a very impressive forward pack who really are one of the benchmark packs in the NRL (maybe with Broncos and Bulldogs?).

Spot On

Coach
Surely now Carney must be the frontrunner for NSW #6

Surely he has been since round 3.

Thought the refs were brilliant today. Hats off to them.

Those calling for Croker and Ferguson to represent at SOO level this year need only watch a replay of that game to see why they have years to go before they can be given any such reward. Fix the basics gents.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Hang on, weren't the raiders forwards gunna smash and dominate all before them?

Oh that's right, they are the most over rated forward pack in the game. The only player who is under rated in the raiders pack is tilse.

Fensom and papalli are rated fairly, but pillow and tll.... Lol

TLL I'd agree with. He is well off his standard. But other than today Shillo has been killing it this year.

Card Shark

Immortal
Canberra didn't deserve 22.

Sharks deserved 50.

The Raiders didn't play that bad but we strangled them.

northwest9

Juniors
I'm referring to the fact that if you ask any raiders fan, they have the pillow, tll, fensom, papalli an Dugan, guaranteed premiership.

Having shit injury prone halves, and poor quality backs means nothing.

Their pack and Dugan, unbeatable. Only the refs can beat them

Raider_69

Post Whore
congrats sharkies

gallen taking the two was the RL version of the mercy rule
Carney put on a masterclass and showed why when he's head is in the right spot, he's the games best play maker. Controlled the game perfectly, had the ball on a string off his boot

Well deserved win.

Not that it in any way impacted the game but id like to know why the video ref can tip the referee's off to an obvious mistake, such as the kick out of the full late in the game, but he can not rule on an obvious forward pass on the sharks 2nd (might have been 3rd) try?
Either let him have a crack or tell him to butt out.

northwest9

Juniors
Now to take a break from a good lol@failures

I have to commend the sharks for keeping carney in check. He is a (unt of a bloke, but a very talented (unt of a bloke. The sharks seem to be bringing out his best football, and that's a win for footy viewers.

Today was a master class, carney and gallen are magic to watch, and I'm not a sharks fan

bileduct

Coach
I'm referring to the fact that if you ask any raiders fan, they have the pillow, tll, fensom, papalli an Dugan, guaranteed premiership.

Having shit injury prone halves, and poor quality backs means nothing.

Their pack and Dugan, unbeatable. Only the refs can beat them
This is absolute horseshit because every Raiders fans knows the team can't win without Campese.

ellskimore

Juniors
congrats sharkies

gallen taking the two was the RL version of the mercy rule
Carney put on a masterclass and showed why when he's head is in the right spot, he's the games best play maker. Controlled the game perfectly, had the ball on a string off his boot

Well deserved win.

I think he is in great form and deserves the NSW spot but "the games best play maker"... No. He is not the games best play maker.

northwest9

Juniors
This is absolute horseshit because every Raiders fans knows the team can't win without Campese.

Ok furner, your right, without an old, shit, bald half, who will never take on the line in any of his 36 minutes per season, the raiders can't win

Nothing to do with over rated forwards and shit halves and poor backs

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Sharks were very very good today.

Simply starved us of possession with some great play and we were utterly helpless.

TBH I thought we looked ok with the ball and made plenty of metres but we just couldn't get our fair share of the footy today. Probably did well to get 22 points with only 40% possession.

But good win to the Sharks and well deserved. I look forward to watching them play like that against someone else.

bileduct

Coach
Ok furner, your right, without an old, shit, bald half, who will never take on the line in any of his 36 minutes per season, the raiders can't win

Nothing to do with over rated forwards and shit halves and poor backs
Are you geniused?

bileduct

Coach
He hates the Raiders that much I'm convinced he's Greg Alexander.
Apparently someone spat on him at Canberra Stadium when he was there to support the cheats in round one.

I find that hard to believe unless he was being an absolute dickhead to someone, which, I guess would be pretty easy to believe.

Latest posts