What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R8 | Wed (ANZAC Day) | Dragons 28-24 Roosters | Allianz

Round 8 result: Dragons v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
Now, where are those dickheads who were saying Jason Nightingale was an average first grader at best on Friday night?

Danish

Referee
Are there seriously people who still think nightingale is an average footballer?

I know he runs like Gumby but surely that doesn't fool anyone anymore. One of the best wingers in the game who regularly embarrasses players every week (this week it was jake friend who he shoved off like nothing before laying on the 2nd last try)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Fox Sports stats showed linebreaks 7-1 in favour of the dragons. 3 Rooster tries from kicks (1 gifted by Morris) and the only try run in was the Pearce fumble that landed on Anasta's chest as he ran into a hole near the line.
After Weyman scored, he got blatantly stripped on the kick return and the Roosters scored from the ensuing set of 6.
The penalty for dissent against Soward was after an obvious mistake from the ref in not calling held on Vidot when Nightingale was holding him up. More Roosters joined the tackle after this to push him in goal.

And yeah, so what? Who cares if our trys were scored from kicks? Two of your trys were essentially scored through involvement of kicks but you don't see us whinging about it

Congratulations, your team won, i don't get what else you are trying to prove.

to_ddeath

Coach
Are there seriously people who still think nightingale is an average footballer?

I know he runs like Gumby but surely that doesn't fool anyone anymore. One of the best wingers in the game who regularly embarrasses players every week (this week it was jake friend who he shoved off like nothing before laying on the 2nd last try)

Exactly right, morons like RP are convinced he is average, today proved that once again he is far from that. Great game from both sides today, an absolute thriller & will be replaying that one all week....

T.

Louiethefly

Juniors
And yeah, so what? Who cares if our trys were scored from kicks? Two of your trys were essentially scored through involvement of kicks but you don't see us whinging about it

Congratulations, your team won, i don't get what else you are trying to prove.

I don't think he's trying to have a go at the Roosters today (and why should he, both sides played really well and both sides should be proud), I think what he was saying was that the not ALL the calls/luck/rub of the green went towards the Dragons. I think he's right too.

thommo4pm

Coach
I watched the replay of the game last night twice after getting home at 8pm.
Have now watched the last 5 minutes again 10 times, it just doesn't get boring.

Leanne72

Juniors
Every year this ANZAC match has become more & more of a milestone for my Grandfather Bill Collier, it was great to see him there, such a humble man who played for his home town and fought for his country. Better still a nail biting game until the end, with the match going to the Saints in the lat 5 min, i dont know how many more games Pop has left to watch at the ripe age of 92, but this was a cliff hanger :)

Jason Maher

Immortal
Exactly right, morons like RP are convinced he is average, today proved that once again he is far from that. Great game from both sides today, an absolute thriller & will be replaying that one all week....

T.

RP would probably say Raper, Gasnier, Langlands, Provan, Kearney, Walsh, Smith, Clay, King, Lumsden, Bath were all average...

Latest posts