What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R9 | Mon | Rabbitohs 34-28 Sharks | ANZ

Round 9 result: Rabbitohs v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Andrew Everingham 3. Matt King 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Nathan Merritt 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Scott Geddes 9. Issac Luke 10. David Tyrrell 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker.

Interchange: 14. Jason Clark 15. Ben Lowe 16. Josh Starling 17. Chris McQueen
Reserves: 18. Shaune Corrigan

2012teams-cro-her.jpg

1. Matthew Wright 2. Stewart Mills 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Colin Best 5. John Williams 6. Todd Carney 7. Jeff Robson
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Issac De Gois 10. Ben Ross 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Jason Bukuya 13. Paul Gallen

Interchange: 14. Anrew Fifita 15. Wade Graham 16. John Morris 17. Sam Tagataese
Reserves: 18. Mark Taufua

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin and Chris James
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Dave Abood
Video Referee: Pat Reynolds

Related Matches

Toyota Cup R9 - Rabbitohs v Sharks @ ANZ, Mon 4:45pm
VB NSW Cup R10 - Newtown Jets (SYD) v North Sydney Bears (SOU) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm
VB NSW Cup R10 - Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) Bye

nrl12-r9soucro.jpg

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
I'm glad Sharks beat Canberra, definitely prefer to face them going for 7 straight than coming off a loss.

We are struggling against the big packs though, so definitely not confident.

Heard Bukuya and Gallen came off injured at the end of the game?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Streaks in the NRL don't last. The comp is too even. Sharks have done very well to win so many straight but it has to end sometime.

Won't be easy by any means but I think we can win.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Should be a cracker of a game. Will the rabbletohs mythical supporter base show up or will they all have birthday parties to attend?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Any idea how reliable the sources are on those rumours?
I heard he was gone for at least 8 weeks.
Original prognosis was 6-8 weeks. The day of the game will be 37 days since the injury. Or 5 weeks and 2 days.

Slightly less than the prognosis but if he's healed well and done the rehab right it's possible. Still wouldn't count on it but possible.

the dude

Juniors
I doubt we would risk Burgess this week considering we have the bye following the Sharks which gives him an extra 2 weeks to recover. I reckon we'll see him back round 11.

Anyway, bring on the game!! Gonna be a very tight one.

Souths by 1

wibble

Bench
I think the sharks might have one eye on the storm at shark park in a big channel 9 game

I hope not, but it is possible. Out of the teams that are rated a big premiership chance right now, the Storm game is our only Origin unaffected big match until round 19 v Dragons, then round 25 v Storm again. We have to show we can beat teams like Souths who are good on their day, and not just save ourselves for "big matches" which we have been guilty of in the past.

Plus Inglis looks primed to get his form into "devastating" mode before Origin.

the dude

Juniors
Plus Taylor always plays like a man posessed when it gets close to Origin time, as seen yesterday