What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Rivalry (#2) R20 | Sat | Warriors 19-24 Knights | Mt Smart

Round 20 result: Warriors v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Mathew Johns earlier this year as everyone was predicting Warriors top 4....They won't make the 8.

Yeah, but I wouldn't put too much into that comment. His main reason for saying so was that Bluey was a first year coach, despite 2 seconds later saying that the Dragons would be fine with Price stepping in.

Throw enough shit against the wall and something is bound to stick.

Cliffhanger

Coach
He has some fantastic qualities, and some absolute shit ones. SBW is the type of player that will suit Maloney though as his support play/running game is easily his best feature.

His long kicking game is generally good, but decision making/vision/defense are absolute shithouse.

He knows how to earn repeat sets, this has been one of the biggest problems over the last few seasons. He also runs the ball, something Anasta hasn't been doing for years.

Defence and dumb decisions are a bit of a concern, especially seeing as Pearce doesn't have a footballers brain.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He knows how to earn repeat sets, this has been one of the biggest problems over the last few seasons. He also runs the ball, something Anasta hasn't been doing for years.

Defence and dumb decisions are a bit of a concern, especially seeing as Pearce doesn't have a footballers brain.

He will certainly fill a hole in some areas, won't deny that, but from a Warriors POV we have enough players to do the good things he does, and too many players who already do the bad things he does.

Mateo will miss him though. Have to admit that their combo is pretty lethal at times.

Meth

Staff member

I wouldn't really rate his ability to earn repeat sets

Meth

Staff member
BTW- apparently Pearce has said either Smith goes or he goes...

Juju

Juniors
Congrats Knights fans. Your team out played us.

I thought at half time with where the game stood - who would you rather have doing the half time talk for your team, Bluey or Wayne?

Season over unfortunately. Having such a young team has hurt us. bugger.

Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else when the Warriors get an early lead then McLennan replaces Mateo and the flow of the game changes abruptly, usually via the other side coming over the top of them?

Then, when they're struggling, he brings Mateo back on.

Makes little sense.

Izz

Bench
Is it just me or does it annoy anyone else when the Warriors get an early lead then McLennan replaces Mateo and the flow of the game changes abruptly, usually via the other side coming over the top of them?

Then, when they're struggling, he brings Mateo back on.

Makes little sense.
BluesClues basically goes for the three card hit. He takes Packer, Mateo and Matulino off within 5 minutes of each other, and that pretty much kills us. He's been doing it all season, particularly with Packer and Matulino. Suddenly we're no longer bending the advantage line and have no ball-playing forwards on the park. Plus our defensive sting is mostly gone, too.

It's extremely, extremely annoying.

BluesClues basically goes for the three card hit. He takes Packer, Mateo and Matulino off within 5 minutes of each other, and that pretty much kills us. He's been doing it all season, particularly with Packer and Matulino. Suddenly we're no longer bending the advantage line and have no ball-playing forwards on the park. Plus our defensive sting is mostly gone, too.

It's extremely, extremely annoying.

Even for a non-Warriors fan like me, it's annoying.

It just seems so obviously the point where the game's momentum has a massive shift.

Matulino looks to me like he has more of a tank than he's being given credit for and Mateo should only be on the bench if he's exhausted. The attack seems to splutter once Mateo goes off which allows the other side to re-group.

Latest posts