What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | VB Test | Fri | NZ 12-20 AUS | Eden Park

VB Test result: NZL v AUS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitman82

Bench
What do Gerard Beale, Nathan Fien, Josh Hoffman, Sam McKendry, Jason Nightingale and Frank Pritchard have in common?

NZ heritage (parents for all sans Fien) and therefore a blood right to choose their country?
Not sure where Tamou's Australian blood comes from :lol:. Maybe he's bashed a couple at nightclubs before or something

hitman82

Bench
Kiwi team will be strong except selecting Vatuvei could prove to be a mistake as EVERY single game he drops the ball a couple of times, usually in our half. He'll put us under pressure - I just hope he does enough good things to make up for it.

I would much prefer Perrett tbh.

Also, I'd use Mannering in the centres ahead of Beale.

Patorick

Staff member
Tomau happy to switch to Kangaroos

Posted April 16, 2012 10:55:26

James Tomau says he will have no misgivings about representing Australia against his native New Zealand in Friday's test at Eden Park.

The Cowboys' prop was named on the bench by Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens and is certain to get a bad reception if he steps onto the field in Auckland.

Tomau insisted the opportunity to play State of Origin was a big factor in his decision to choose Australia over New Zealand but he insists he will have no regrets at not wearing the black jersey.

"Players like myself dream of this opportunity to take on the Kiwis in New Zealand," Tomau said.

"Origin was a big factor (in choosing to represent Australia).

"Origin is the pinnacle of rugby league. It's the world stage in rugby league. It's awesome just to sit there and watch. I'd love to get out there and play for New South Wales."

New Kangaroos captain Cameron Smith backed Tomau's inclusion.

"Seeing James last night he was over the moon to be here," Smith said.

"There's going to be a fair bit of criticism. I think he's well aware of that. He knew that when he made himself eligible for the State of Origin.

"I think he's comfortable with that and we are too.

"He came over here as a kid, he's been here since he was a 13-year-old, he's happy to pull on the green and gold and I'm extremely happy for him.

"He's been playing really well for the Cowboys and he really deserves this selection. And he'll play really well against the Kiwis on Friday."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-16/tomau-happy-to-switch-to-kangaroos/3952396?section=sport
:crazy:

vvvrulz

Coach
Kiwis to cause some real surprises with this line-up, will either win or go down narrowly.

Bretto

Bench
I'm actually looking forward to if Beale plays in the centres for NZ, him matching up against Hodges.

Bretto

Bench
I guess you must like horror shows. But it could be worse, if Crocker was a Kiwi... :lol:

I think you'll be surprised. Beale is out of position on the wing. He's big and strong and it'll be a good test.

Having said all that, I still think Hodges will fair dinkum give him a bath.

AuDragon

Juniors
I think you'll be surprised. Beale is out of position on the wing. He's big and strong and it'll be a good test.

Having said all that, I still think Hodges will fair dinkum give him a bath.
He's a better centre than winger, although he has done much better on the right side of the Broncos attack. Still, have a look at last year's Four Nations, with Beale in the centres...
I don't think he's a rep level centre and he will be found out, especially by Hodgo!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Clarification also on the pronunication - it's Tar-mo.

Bretto

Bench
He's a better centre than winger, although he has done much better on the right side of the Broncos attack. Still, have a look at last year's Four Nations, with Beale in the centres...
I don't think he's a rep level centre and he will be found out, especially by Hodgo!

Without going onto Youtube or the like to find the game, from memory he didn't go too bad? I remember him making a few good breaks and making use of a good fend?

Of course, none of this has anything to do with his defence...

Saints fan

Juniors
I wonder how much Parramatta's woes will affect Kearney during the build-up this week. Surely he must be lacking in confidence.

Realistically I can't se us getting close. I will be pleased if we lose by less than 20. 32-16 to Aussie, Nightingale FTS.

Latest posts