What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R11 | Sat | Sea Eagles 16-10 Raiders | Brookvale

Round 11: Sea Eagles v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Props to manly. We had plenty of chances but couldnt crack the line and down the other end crokers lapses cost us.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
We're up shit creek unless we can get our attack organised and someone kicks some F*CKING GOALS.

While I agree our attack and goal kicking are an issue, I think we still need to go back to basics. Ball handling is what is killing us. And you can't fix the attack or kicks at goal if you don't control the game through completing sets.

Bench
Did Skeepe hack paulyboy's account,why else would a raider fan whinge about the refs tonight,they got away with a huge amount of forward passes and knock ons,the 50/50 calls didn't go Manly's way and don't mention the penalty count..
Raider 69 is what a fair dinkum fan should be,kudo's mate you have a fair team to support,but you know when to shut up,it was 4 tries to 2,well done Manly.

Paullyboy

Coach
Did Skeepe hack paulyboy's account,why else would a raider fan whinge about the refs tonight,they got away with a huge amount of forward passes and knock ons,the 50/50 calls didn't go Manly's way and don't mention the penalty count..
Raider 69 is what a fair dinkum fan should be,kudo's mate you have a fair team to support,but you know when to shut up,it was 4 tries to 2,well done Manly.

Your try just befor half time came from a horrendous penalty when the your player was bundled into touch yet the ref found a penalty somehow.

In the second half a bomb went up and manly knocked it on, the referee somehow found a 6 to go to manly in that mess. You scored two sets later.

Manly played well and kudos to them for their win, but the refs played a huge part in your ability to score.

Cletus

First Grade
While I agree our attack and goal kicking are an issue, I think we still need to go back to basics. Ball handling is what is killing us. And you can't fix the attack or kicks at goal if you don't control the game through completing sets.

Ball handling killed us against the Roosters. I think what's killing us at the moment is so many hard games. We desperately need a rest. I'm quite happy with how were going at this time of year to be honest, bring back Snake and with our defense well look ok.

It was good to see the big guy get a bit angry... Watmong wouldnt be my first target if i was keen to hit the knuckles but Tilsey showed some balls not backing down. Laughing off a nice shiner gives him some cred too!

Lol why not? Wid-dop had a go at him(The Watmong) in the Four Nations the other year and did alright surprisingly

Who was it Tilse tried fighting the other year, one of the Storm boys I remember, that was funny too

Would like to see your TLL have a fight, if he can punch anything like he runs(when he can be arsed) he'd likely put someone in a coma :lol:

Decent game i thought, Manly defence is impressive

Eric Galt

Juniors
Great to see Manly overcome the refereeing and finally get on top of Canberra. Great defence. Has Campo stopped whinging yet?

Noname36

First Grade
We're not that far off being a side as good as Manly.

Granted I didn't get to see all of the game last night
(I saw about 50 minutes), but to me Manly looked below their best. Their defensive structures are obviously terrific and well rehersed, but they looked a bit flat to me last night. I think that game against Melbourne took a lot out of them. I'm not saying I completely disagree with your comment, but Manly are capable of a lot more than we saw last night IMO. At their best there's still a massive gap between the top 4 and the rest and the Raiders are no exception. If Campo and the defensive coaching staff can get their acts together though I think they could get up there.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I think next year will see the Raiders boom, unless injury or days off on the roof of houses drinking goon start to happen again. I struggle to understand why stuff like that keeps happening to gun players at Canberra.

I think there is some coaching work that needs to be done. I suspect their are some gaps that need filling in that department.

The bye is just what Manly need. I believe Farrar returned in reggies too. I'm not going to bash our young fullback. He will improve. I still remember I use to cringe whenever the ball went in the air near Stewart... Now I wouldn't rather seen anybody under the ball.

Bench
Your try just befor half time came from a horrendous penalty when the your player was bundled into touch yet the ref found a penalty somehow.

In the second half a bomb went up and manly knocked it on, the referee somehow found a 6 to go to manly in that mess. You scored two sets later.

Manly played well and kudos to them for their win, but the refs played a huge part in your ability to score.
Mate my team is the WestsTigers,and we are ordinary.

We were in with a sniff and couldnt execute when we had the chance, that is the difference between the top teams and us at present.

Beetlejuice

Juniors
Manly's defence was great. It all comes second nature to them.

Our boys in green looked ordinary in their 20. Still played decent and I expect them to be pumped for Brisbane in 2 weeks.