What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R11 | Sun | Warriors 28-12 Knights | Mt Smart

Round 11: Warriors v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2013teams-war-pink.jpg

1. Kevin Locke
2. Bill Tupou 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Ben Henry 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam Rapira 9. Nathan Friend 10. Russell Packer
11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering (C)
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Ben Matulino 15. Jacob Lillyman 16. Elijah Taylor 17. Carlos Tuimavave
Reserves: 18. Glen Fisiiahi 21. Ngani Laumape 22. Pita Godinet

2013teams-new-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Kurt Gidley (c) 10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow 12. Alex McKinnon
13. David Fa'alogo

Interchange: 14. Travis Waddell 15. Neville Costigan 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Korbin Sims
Reserve: 18. Kevin Naiqama

2013teams-ref-yell.jpg

Referees
Gerard Sutton and Luke Phillips
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel and Michael Wise
Video Referees: Jason Robinson and Justin Morgan

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 11
Warriors v Knights @ Mt Smart, Sun 11:55am AEST (1:55pm NZT, LIVE on FOX Sports)

VB NSW Cup Round 11
Auckland Vulcans (WAR) v Newcastle Knights (NEW) @ Mt Smart, Sun 10:05am AEST (12:05pm NZT, LIVE on FOX Sports)

nrl-r11warnew.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Essentially, yes. Kicks off 4:00pm local time in Auckland, will finish in darkness by 5:45pm... all the while being mid-afternoon here in Australia.

Swarzey

Bench
Oh thank god it's Sunday. Thought It was a 5:30 Saturday and I was going to miss it due to work.

Anyways, the #GotYourBack campaign will give the boys motivation to perform.

Knights 12+

IanG

Coach
Speaking of #GotYourBack
00075020-leadimage.jpg

This pic suggests the knights could be wearing thier home strip.
Interesting way of replacing the betting sponsor's logo. Normally clubs give that space to a charity

Rod

Bench
HHmm, we should win, which means we'll probably lose.

Yeah. We're going to be favourites going over there and that immediately makes me nervous. Obviously going on today we have the ability to do the job and do it well, but the Warriors are still dangerous in Auckland despite the tripe they dished up on Saturday.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This is a danger game for the Knights. Going over to Auckland to play a Warriors side coming off a 56 point reaping, after a healthy win for themselves, this game has their inconsistency written all over it.

Alas, you can only pick on form, and I reckon the Knights will get up by 10.

undertaker

Coach
Last year, we broke a 6 game losing streak at Mt Smart (2006-2011) over there, albeit in fortuitous circumstances.

Hopefully we can get another big win here which will help our F/A before a tough match against Souffs the following week.

IanG

Coach
Yeah the Warriors blew an 18-0 lead and not long after that Bluey was fired. The year before when I made the trip over there we blew a 12-4 Half Time lead to lose 20-12.

Jono078

Referee
I fear the bounce back factor of the Warriors. But when Elliott is coach is puts me at a bit of ease.

I'd like to Thes a coin for this one!

IanG

Coach
They must've changed the time too cause the draw I have contacted to my fridge that I tore out of Round 1's Big League said Midday (2pm NZ Time)

Silent Knight

First Grade
Uh oh not the Warriors in NZ. I've got a bad feeling about this. Tbh I hope Uate isn't named, because Manu usually seems to enjoy running over the top of him. Warriors by 6.

At least I can look on the bright side and have a lol@souffs the following week.

Massive danger game for the knights. However I don't think the warriors have the bounce back ability like the knights when you compare the players and the coaches. Knights by 3 furlongs

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Knights *should* win this one. First 20 minutes will be the key though - don't let the Warriors get a sniff.

Apey

Staff member
I think Warriors are the one team you want to let have a sniff if previous games are anything to go by.

Latest posts