What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 10-32 Storm | 1300SMILES

Round 2: Cowboys v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LESStar58

Referee
32-10 coming up. Very few teams will go up to Grin City and win, let alone blow them away like that. f**king impressive effort from the storm

They did it in the corresponding game last year in, i think, round 5?

Top effort by the lads...shame I tipped against them!

Evenflow

Bench
Score definitely not indicative of the quality of this game.

This, nowhere near indicative of the game or the difference between the 2 sides. Very very happy to win that and just as surprised at the margin against the team i think will go well into the business end of the season.

The most pleasing thing is that while the team showed glimpses of our best, we were also pretty poor in a fair few other areas so i think it's fair to say there's much more improvement to come as the season progresses.

Big Pete

Referee
Nobody would have beaten Melbourne tonight, just too good.

Cows tried really hard, probably to their detriment but I wouldn't write them off by any means. I just think the difference tonight was the culture of the two clubs & a couple team changes.

What do Cows fans make of Scott Moore two games in?

Charlie124

First Grade
Nobody would have beaten Melbourne tonight, just too good.

Cows tried really hard, probably to their detriment but I wouldn't write them off by any means. I just think the difference tonight was the culture of the two clubs & a couple team changes.

What do Cows fans make of Scott Moore two games in?

I'm not sold on him just yet, he seems to get away with a lot of forward passes which is lucky but he's gonna get pinged a lot unless he changes his game. I'm definitely keen to see Ant Mitchell come in for Kostjasyn though, he just doesn't offer any spark or x-factor. Happy to persist with Moore and get Mitchell in there.

As for tonight, the boys put in a great effort but were just done by a clinical Melbourne team, I don't think anyone could have beaten them tonight.

Perce

Juniors
I'm definitely keen to see Ant Mitchell come in for Kostjasyn though, he just doesn't offer any spark or x-factor. Happy to persist with Moore and get Mitchell in there.

Kostjasyn is a classic example of a player who will look very bog ordinary outside the Melb Storm system. He was a scrubber at Storm, and will be a spare part at the Cowboys, nothing more. Not that he's on his own - if you watched the early match, Todd Lowrie and Dane Nielsen look like they wish they were back in Bleak City.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Storm are going to be very hard to stop this year, its always tough to go back to back but if the storm play to potential, there isnt a side in the game that can beat them

Charlie124

First Grade
Kostjasyn is a classic example of a player who will look very bog ordinary outside the Melb Storm system. He was a scrubber at Storm, and will be a spare part at the Cowboys, nothing more. Not that he's on his own - if you watched the early match, Todd Lowrie and Dane Nielsen look like they wish they were back in Bleak City.

He was a spare part already at the storm, I questioned why we signed him at the time and I've seen no reason to doubt myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a shit player but he just doesn't offer anything we couldn't get from Mitchell, who also brings some spark.

On Lowrie, he made a shitload of tackles tonight and looks to have kicked on at the warriors IMO. His only problem is that they're a garbage team with a geniused coach.

Storm won this game on the back of shutting down the second play options of Thurston who would get it out quickly to the centres to bust out wide for Graham and Tate to score.

Chambers and Fonua gave them nothing and this limited their options. Hoffman, Bromwich and Harris had both Sims, Scott and Tamou covered quite comfortably and Tamou in particular was a passenger in this game.

Storm played at the same intensity the whole game and the Cowboys could not match it and when they did they made too many errors when deep on attack.

Yes Storm will have their off days as well but when it clicks then they are hard to beat.

Chambers, Hoffman and Cronk were stand outs and Linnett and Taumalolo were strong for the Cows.

Sleep

Juniors
Score isn't at all indicative of the game. Cows had how many tries disallowed? They had there chances but just took some really poor options at the wrong time.

Once they get their finishing right, they'll be in a much better position.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Round 2.

Storm stay fit at 9,7,1, for the next six months, then the only thing that can beat them is GI.

Best Hooker & Fullback of all time, plus an all time champion in Cronk.,

/End Thread.

RABK

Referee
Round 2.

Storm stay fit at 9,7,1, for the next six months, then the only thing that can beat them is GI.

Best Hooker & Fullback of all time, plus an all time champion in Cronk.,

/End Thread.

What rubbish. Manly, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks and the Bulldogs are all very capable of beating melbourne on any given day and a couple of them will during the regular season even if melbournes spine is healthy.

Last edited:

BDR

First Grade
Just completely outclassed especially with the ball in the air, which has been a chronic problem for us.

Also think our forwards were nowhere near good enough considering the calibre of player there.

Not to worry, it's a long season and we should have a chance (hopefully 2) to return the favour to the Storm. Just hope the lads can build from this and realise how good they have to be to win the comp.

Well done to the Storm.

Latest posts