What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | FINAL | Australia 34-2 New Zealand | Manchester

World Cup Champions: Australia or New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tone83

Juniors
I think GSTQ is way better honestly. I'd be happier if that was still our anthem. They didn't find a worthy replacement in AAF that's for sure.

maccattack

Juniors
God save the queen??

I ain't singing about no imaginary figure saving an outmoded notion like royalty. The song is a nursery rhyme.

adamkungl

Immortal
Was hoping for more from the Kiwis but ah well. Thurston was untouchable. He broke the first attempt at tackle almost every time he touched the ball. And Hayne is just a freak. A joy to watch.

Well I was wrong. I thought NZ would win it in the forwards but Australia dominated the Kiwis in just about all facets of the game. They moved up much quicker in defence stifling NZ and were too slick when they had the ball. Kearney's selections backfired, Kasiano was a passenger when he came on, his metre gaining was abysmal. FPN didn't do much either and Goodwin? Less said the better. They missed guys like Inu to provide extra spark in the three quarters and Moa to give them go forward. Jared Warea-Hargraves, Mannering, Bromich and SBW tried hard but spent more time defending than anything else. If NZ were smart, they'd start looking for a new coach as Kearney's selecti8ons contributed to the debacle.

Though I'm proud to see Australia reclaim the World cup.

The try scored from Hayne's kick was pretty spectacular looking.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah I don't get that, I'm glad we flogged them. I want a close game if I don't care about either team, like eng vs nz was great for that reason. But I absolutely want australia to assert their dominance by flogging NZ or anyone else. Same deal with qld, and same deal for whatever club team I'm supporting.

And yeah ESPECIALLY nz, because I'd hate to think of them even entertaining the idea for a moment that they're as good as us.

I love watching Australia beating the crap out of other countries - no matter where they're from or what sport it is. The way the Kangaroos played last night was superb and great to watch. They didn't let the Kiwis into the game at all. It's not like all our tries were soft....pretty much all of them displayed a tremendous amount of skill and brains.

The Aussies dominated world cricket for a long time up until a short while ago. That sport was more popular than ever in that era. I don't know why it's the opposite for League. Don't Aussies love seeing Aussies do well?

Tone83

Juniors
Yeah I don't watch cricket now that we aren't the best, I feel anyone who does watch it is unaustralian. If you even know the current players names I find that suspect.

I can't imagine what rugby league would be like if we weren't the best at it. I'd like to think I'd still watch it, but it would be very hard.

Tone83

Juniors
34 people voted for NZ to win, it's that time again where we name and shame the poor-tipping losers, it's the only way they'll learn-

AuckMel, aussie_q_factor, bellyache, Bobby DIGital, Brutus, byrner, Captain Apollo, Dark Chook, Dav0c, Doug the Morpork, Dragon_psa, Evil_Mush, expansionist, Glen from the Mount, Harrigan, jamaman, juro, kiwileaguefan, Kiwimation, malleekid, ozbash, parraparraparra, Philip_Smith007, POPEYE, royce10, shinobi, spear tackle, Super Owl, taste2taste, The European Polynesian, TheParraboy, Tipster, wain, zegs

deluded pom?

Coach
Yeah I don't watch cricket now that we aren't the best, I feel anyone who does watch it is unaustralian. If you even know the current players names I find that suspect.

I can't imagine what rugby league would be like if we weren't the best at it. I'd like to think I'd still watch it, but it would be very hard.

:lol:

undertaker

Coach
Would've been much better atmosphere had the Poms made the final, but what to do...great turnout and has definitely set a high benchmark for the next World Cup.

Interesting that unlike NRL grounds, Wembley and Old Trafford both run West-East rather than North-South. Would've made it interesting with the sun issue had the final kicked off an hour earlier, with one team looking directly into the sun. Great sunset as well. Overall, we were blessed with good weather compared to the 2000 tournament, which has definitely helped with crowd attendances.

Brutus

Referee
34 people voted for NZ to win, it's that time again where we name and shame the poor-tipping losers, it's the only way they'll learn-

AuckMel, aussie_q_factor, bellyache, Bobby DIGital, Brutus, byrner, Captain Apollo, Dark Chook, Dav0c, Doug the Morpork, Dragon_psa, Evil_Mush, expansionist, Glen from the Mount, Harrigan, jamaman, juro, kiwileaguefan, Kiwimation, malleekid, ozbash, parraparraparra, Philip_Smith007, POPEYE, royce10, shinobi, spear tackle, Super Owl, taste2taste, The European Polynesian, TheParraboy, Tipster, wain, zegs

Who did you tip to win the 2008 final?

Tone83

Juniors
I tipped manly by 40, can't remember what the score was but I remember being basically right.

Care to ask me who I tipped for any other games that have already taken place? I promise to answer honestly. Just don't ask me about any up-coming games.

Tone83

Juniors
Oh right the WC, well I picked new... ahh who am I kidding? Who the f**k would have picked NZ seriously?