What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | FINAL | Australia 34-2 New Zealand | Manchester

World Cup Champions: Australia or New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tone83

Juniors
Yep, or as insane as picking the all blacks to beat the kangaroos in a hypothetical cross-code clash.
Just utter madness.

spear tackle

Juniors
Yep, or as insane as picking the all blacks to beat the kangaroos in a hypothetical cross-code clash.
Just utter madness.

to be honest I'd hate to see some sort of cross-code/hybrid exibition match, regardless of the result on the feild it would probably result in any league players that showed any union skills getting a fat cheque waved under there noses by european and super 15 franchises and they'd be off.

RedVee

First Grade
You dispute the timing but not the tackiness. ;-)

The tackiness is a matter of opinion, the timing of fact.

I don't mind Advance Australia Fair, though I would prefer if we sang both verses at events where the anthem is required. I would not prefer GSTQ as an anthem for Australia.

Most options I have seen people put up are not better - in my opinion.
My number 1 choice would be to copy South Africa and New Zealand, have an indigenous language verse and the English language verse. I have seen and heard that done and I felt that it was very moving and appropriate.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I like this song. Wouldn't mind if it were our anthem.

[youtube]aSoGJQkKDYk[/youtube]

Can't use the whole thing for an Anthem, but I can't pick which verses should go with the chorus. I'm thinking the first two. Recognizing the Indigenous and the settlers.

Probably for another thread.

Latest posts