What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group C/D | Scotland 22-8 USA | Salford

Group C/D: Scotland v USA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springs

First Grade
Well done to Scotland. They fully deserved the win. Good game to watch too.

I would have been annoyed if they had lost given the three disallowed tries and the fact that USA's tries were off a knock-on and a dive penalty where Samoa was too hurt to play the ball but well enough to throw it at someone.

I couldn't believe Alibert was about to let the USA play it sideways, thank Christ for the touchie.

Springs

First Grade
I'm not sure the australians were 100% sober in that game.

3 games in 9 days is ridiculous. that sort of thing shouldn't happen.

It doesn't matter what they were. They were still the best players in the world and they still were behind 24-0.
Hungover or not, they weren't doing shots 10 minutes before the game and hangovers don't magically disappear at halftime.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It doesn't matter what they were. They were still the best players in the world and they still were behind 24-0.
Hungover or not, they weren't doing shots 10 minutes before the game and hangovers don't magically disappear at halftime.

I still got the game on tape and yes, they were pissed :lol:

1stNov2000

Juniors
Scotland will be needing a favour from Tonga after effectively knocking them out of the tournament.

Springs

First Grade
Also, I think they need to rethink the qualifying method for Groups C & D. It was obviously set up so Wales could go through but all 3 teams in Group C were better than any in Group D. Now Scotland on 5 points undefeated could miss out while USA go through on 4 points. And not only that but the teams have an advantage/disadvantage based on who they play. Wales were supposed to play the weakest team in Group C but it was the other way round. Maybe have the 2 highest ranked teams from C & D go through, since they are inter-group, otherwise get rid of the inter-group games and maybe bring 2 more teams in.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If Scotland don't make the quarters and the USA do then it shows what a farce the intra group games are.

Pretty unfair, yeah. Having the extra two teams to do away with this cross pool nonsense would have been infinitely better. As happy as I am for the US that they got through, the setup means either Italy or Scotland - both of whom are more deserving - are likely to miss out.

And let's be honest, the score against the USA could be Australia v Russia like.

Enjoyed all of Scotland's games this tournament. Depsite being Italian I hope they get through to the quarters

I've developed a real soft spot for the Scots.

Springs

First Grade
Pretty unfair, yeah. Having the extra two teams to do away with this cross pool nonsense would have been infinitely better. As happy as I am for the US that they got through, the setup means either Italy or Scotland - both of whom are more deserving - are likely to miss out.

Exactly right.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Also, how the f**k did the US go to the World Cup without a single recognisable goal kicker in their squad?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hurst gets the prize for the biggest grub & f**kwit of the tournament.

Pushing players who are lying on the ground, & screaming in the oppositions face after scoring. Hopefully someone drops him in the next game.

1stNov2000

Juniors
if they do progress and play against NZ, you might get lucky, the kiwis have a couple of grubs too.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Just watched the replay, fmd USA are sore losers! The amount of grubbery in that last 15 by them was rubbish. Ref probably should of grown a pair and sent some1 to the bin in order to calm it down tbh.

Latest posts