What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group D | USA 32-20 Cook Islands | Bristol

Group D: USA v Cook Islands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

what ever

Juniors
Is Issac John playing?

Gone missing as usual.

I saw this comment and watched the game a second time because i was impressed with I Johns game, so checked to see what you were meaning!!

But then i looked back at all your comments - Paulo... negative, Newton.... negative, John .... negative. So were you actually watching the game or just wanting to be negative.

Change your user name to Mr Negative it suits you. Now if you were talking about that Shaun Johnson as gone missing as usual i could understand. As he is Missing in Action 85% of all games (except for finding the camera on him, that is!).

Paulo - man of the match
Newton - played well
John - played well, kicking was good (even in strong winds) and all tries where set up by him

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm reluctant to see a return to a complete even pool system. I'm all for more teams, but I've no doubt that if we went back to a four team pool, top two system like we employed in the World Cup - we'd just have two foregone conclusions per pool.

I much prefer the current setup. Just expanded the two smaller pools to four, still have only the top one go through, and avoid a string of blow-outs.

Agreed.

Next time, a more thorough qualifying process resulting in 16 teams.
4 pool of 4, rankings organised something like:

A 1 3 5 9
B 2 4 6 10
C 7 11 13 15
D 8 12 14 16

It isn't 'farcical' in any way. Higher ranked nations are seeded higher, and given more opportunity to make the finals, sure. But they also have to play tougher games to earn their position, and have earned that seeding through long term results.

Lower ranked nations need to beat teams higher ranked than them to advance. This would occur in a 'normal' pool setup, or any finals series. And we avoid complete mismatches. Fantastic format.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Good win the USA, amazing we've seen two teams in their first WC win their first matches.

Although we sort of expected Italy, didnt really expect USA to win that one.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I saw this comment and watched the game a second time because i was impressed with I Johns game, so checked to see what you were meaning!!

But then i looked back at all your comments - Paulo... negative, Newton.... negative, John .... negative. So were you actually watching the game or just wanting to be negative.

Change your user name to Mr Negative it suits you. Now if you were talking about that Shaun Johnson as gone missing as usual i could understand. As he is Missing in Action 85% of all games (except for finding the camera on him, that is!).

Paulo - man of the match
Newton - played well
John - played well, kicking was good (even in strong winds) and all tries where set up by him

I actually said i will shut my mouth about Paulo because he did play well.
First 20 he was f**king hopeless.

Newton did nothing special the only thing i can remember him doing was missing a simple tackle that led to a try. Thank f**k he wont be at Penrith next year.

John should of been carving up the usa.
All he did was kick to peterson
He got outplayed by Priestly a guy from the amnrl.

marv

Juniors

Newton did nothing special the only thing i can remember him doing was missing a simple tackle that led to a try. Thank f**k he wont be at Penrith next year.

Did you actually watch this game?

what ever

Juniors

Just saw this on cooks stats review. And i will try and find some stats review for USA. Not my review but what would they know

STATS |

Dominique Peyroux received the 'Man of the Match' award for the Cook Islands yesterday for his efforts against the USA.

Zeb Taia also leads the competition with the highest amount of tackles - 51.

Isaac John is up there with the likes of Cooper Cronk in terms of kicks in general play with 12 and attacking kicks with an amount of 6. He also leads with the highest amount of try assists so far with 3.