What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R24 // Mon // Panthers 10-24 Storm // Sportingbet

Round 24: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maple_69

Bench
Sleep on it MX and watch the game again. Penrith had a red hot go and completed well. There were a couple really bad ones on our line that you mentioned. We lost 4 tries to 2 including an interception which could have been a try to us. We had great linespeed, had to deal with murder in the ruck and a ref who made calls by spinning a wheel. The only difference between the sides was Penriths disjointed attack. Seg fixes that. As good a performance as I expected.

soc123_au

Staff member
Segs obviously. Other than that Simmons and maybe Kite. No real relief there. When we do injuries there is no pissing about with niggles. Season ending or gtfo.

MaxPower

Juniors
I didn't mention Segeyaro because he isn't out injured. We will be doing exceptionally well to win a finals game.

Puntastic

Juniors
You can only do so much with injuries. In 2010 we bailed out in straight sets, finished both games with a 1 man bench IIRC.

Would have been far more excited to see how a full strength squad went in the finals (obviously).

When it does come time to really chase a premiership, the fact that injuries can stop anyone is a shitty thought.

If this 17 was our standard 17 we wouldn't be top 4, a bunch of those guys don't belong in (or aren't ready for) a finals footy side. The fight we've shown so far is a testament to our depth, but it's catching up with us fast. The only real difference will be segeyaro coming back.

As long as we play with heart and put up a fight, I'm happy. Who knows, we might surprise a few sides in the finals.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Juniors
This is a side built around effort and attitude. Gone are the Elliott days where we would go down 74-12 when our season was on the line.

Fibroman

First Grade
Storm outsmarted us.

They worked the rucks and defended well.

They had a very good kick and chase and got good field position.

Positives for us I suppose is I don't think Docker is capable of playing that badly again. Tim Grant was good for us, and we will need that. Idris looked dangerous when he had a dig and was great in defence, which is something he doesn't get enough praise for.

Conditions and refs didn't suit us. The game was closer than the scoreline indicated.

We will bounce back from this.

Sime_11

Juniors
happily take both losses from Melbourne if it means we get to play them in the finals and beat them :)

roofromoz

First Grade
This is a side built around effort and attitude. Gone are the Elliott days where we would go down 74-12 when our season was on the line.

Or 35-0 in the last round.

Effort and attitude are two precious commodities that has been in abundance since Cleary came on board.

With Elliott, it was... umm... I'll get back to you...

Bulldog Force

Referee
I think the Storm will win this one in somewhat convincing fashion (13+). The problem with the Panthers is that eventually their injuries will catch up with them, as well as the obsurd decisions on the field being rubbed their way. With an aging, yet champion roster like the Storm, I suspect the Panthers to finish this game worse off.
Nailed it!