What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th IS unacceptale

dino1

Juniors
We are currently sitting on 14 th in the table. I cannot remember when we in such a position and im 60 years old and following saints since the early 1960s.

To think we have at least 5 rep players in our squad and yet we are in this position makes me think i should send an email to saints to vent my frustration. Do they know about the position we are in. Do they care? However im not wasting 3 minutes of my time writing an e mail that is not going to be responded.

If mc idiot cares about saints like some posters think he does, then he should leave NOW for the benefit of the club. He already hs players that dont want to be there and have at least 5 players that cant go anywhere cause no one other team really wants them.

What will happen when the broncs seek retribution from last year? Will we be happy seeing our side being in the cellar dwellers section of he comp?

It makes me think I should paint SHAME on the doors of the club.

hewi

Bench
Mate, I’m in the same boat as you except I’m 62, late last year there was a vote on where we would finish this season, I voted 12-16. I’ll stick by that. Into his 6th year as coach , he is a failure, any board that wanted success would have punted him by now. We the fans do not want mediocrity and Dragons to become the clubs motto any longer.

Alec’s-saints

Juniors
We are currently sitting on 14 th in the table. I cannot remember when we in such a position and im 60 years old and following saints since the early 1960s.

To think we have at least 5 rep players in our squad and yet we are in this position makes me think i should send an email to saints to vent my frustration. Do they know about the position we are in. Do they care? However im not wasting 3 minutes of my time writing an e mail that is not going to be responded.

If mc idiot cares about saints like some posters think he does, then he should leave NOW for the benefit of the club. He already hs players that dont want to be there and have at least 5 players that cant go anywhere cause no one other team really wants them.

What will happen when the broncs seek retribution from last year? Will we be happy seeing our side being in the cellar dwellers section of he comp?

Mate it doesn’t help when we have frizz Jdb Korbin out. The next month of footy will tell where we’re at.

possm

Coach
Mate it doesn’t help when we have frizz Jdb Korbin out. The next month of footy will tell where we’re at.
Some of this could have been address prior to the start of the season:

1. SGI management could have held discussions with the NRL resulting in suitable compensation with regards to salary cap and salary for De Belin. Remember it was the NRL who stood De Belin down. If this happened with a positive result, then we would likely have a first grade middle forward already in our side.
2. Rather than recruit 4 outside backs who have limited first grade experience or who are not up to first grade standard, maybe it would have been better to recruit at least on top grade winger/fullback and just two young outside backs.

I'm tipping that if Dufty fails again in defence at fullback - given two or three games to prove himself, it will be Lomax who next pulls on the number 1 jumper.

Walpole

Juniors

Memory's a funny thing. In 2013 we were 14th after 26 rounds.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Thanks everyone, now I feel really old. I remember in 1978 we were running stone motherless last with maybe one win after 8 rounds. And we were the reigning premiers! Then we won eight something like eight wins in a row before losing a bunch of other games we should have won and missing out on the finals. Of course the following year we won the GF.

Not saying 14th is good, but even champion teams can have a run of outs.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Mary has addressed our constant mid season slump and gone off early instead. The team will come home with a wet sail at seasons end & finish around 10-12th mark. He will claim it was a great result and only 2 wins outside the top 8,considering the disruption with the JDB case and injuries. The Board will extend his contract 2 years instead of 3 and Groundhog years will just keep rolling

Old Timer

Coach
Whilst being 14th is bad the style of footy we are “playing” that is even worse.
The situation re players out is just excuse making
  1. People new Korbin was suspended when he came but still predicted big things regrow good we were going to be.
  2. Frizz has only missed 1 game to date so not valid to say we are going poorly because he is out.
  3. JDB could have been lost to injury so would we really expect our season to be so poor or over because of the loss of 1 player.
We are in this position due to poor and confused recruitment, a pedestrian backline, a totally inept coach, putting our eggs in the wrong baskets , incredibly poor team selection and in the meantime some people blaming our best player and wanting him to leave the club.
Despite other clubs going bad they have a ray of sunshine for supporters to hang onto and that is watching juniors progress and a bright style of footy, well we have neither and despite glimmers of hope last year our coach has single handedly extinguished any chance of a Phoenix rising out of any ashes.
He pissed on the last burning ember and kicked dirt over the top of it.
Even in the misery and works if pain at the Dogs Dean Pay can at least say “well it’s nit all bad we’ve got the Dragons in a couple of weeks”

Dragons4me

Juniors

That's incredible Dino! Incredible that you claim to be 60 years yet your text suggests otherwise. It's easy to tell the age of those on here by their grammar and punctuation. You fail on both counts. :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Bench
How many times has McIdiot sprout that he has the team he has always wanted.
A decent coach would have our team firing.
Millward’s signing of Norman has to be the worst signing for many a long year, to accomodate Norman we move Widdop to fullback which takes him out of his favourite and banishes Dufty to the bench.
Millward and McIdiot need to go and a broom put through the coaching staff and recruitment,
I do have been a supporter since the sixties and our club should be a finals contender each year.
If and I say if Broncos win then McGregor needs to be punted right away and replaced.

Dragons4me

Juniors
How many times has McIdiot sprout that he has the team he has always wanted.
A decent coach would have our team firing.
Millward’s signing of Norman has to be the worst signing for many a long year, to accomodate Norman we move Widdop to fullback which takes him out of his favourite and banishes Dufty to the bench.
Millward and McIdiot need to go and a broom put through the coaching staff and recruitment,
I do have been a supporter since the sixties and our club should be a finals contender each year.
If and I say if Broncos win then McGregor needs to be punted right away and replaced.

Oh good grief another one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Did the St George home for old fans have an open today? You and Dino share an old mens room there or something? I think the real truth is for you and Dino is that it must be quiet in the playground today huh boys!

Last edited:

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Mate, I’m in the same boat as you except I’m 62, late last year there was a vote on where we would finish this season, I voted 12-16. I’ll stick by that. Into his 6th year as coach , he is a failure, any board that wanted success would have punted him by now. We the fans do not want mediocrity and Dragons to become the clubs motto any longer.
Hewi, me too mate. 12th to 16th this year and unfortunately that is what is needed to get the dead wood cleared out. Starting with not just the head coach, but his merry band of assistant coaches.

From there we should be able to free up around $1M for Widdop. Cut ties with Aitken, Lafai, Latimore, Graham (I love him but he is near the end), one of McInnes or Robson (pick one, no use wasting salary cap on two hookers). This should free up around another $1M and suddenly you have a small war chest.

Immediately go after Adam O'Brien as the coach and start the process of building a reputable organisation.

Chappells

Juniors
NRL Ladder: After 2005 Round 2
Position Team M W D L B For Agst Diff Points
1 Storm 2 2 0 0 0 94 22 72 4
2 Sea Eagles 2 2 0 0 0 72 40 32 4
3 Raiders 1 1 0 0 1 39 14 25 4
4 Roosters 2 2 0 0 0 52 32 20 4
5 Rabbitohs 2 1 0 1 0 61 50 11 2
6 Warriors 2 1 0 1 0 44 38 6 2
7 Bulldogs 2 1 0 1 0 58 52 6 2
8 Broncos 2 1 0 1 0 41 40 1 2
9 Cowboys 2 1 0 1 0 40 41 -1 2
10 Eels 2 1 0 1 0 54 61 -7 2
11 Wests Tigers 1 0 0 1 1 12 28 -16 2
12 Sharks 2 1 0 1 0 40 60 -20 2
13 Panthers 2 0 0 2 0 34 48 -14 0
14 Dragons 2 0 0 2 0 40 92 -52 0
15 Knights 2 0 0 2 0 24 87 -63 0

It is Round 2,

I seem to remember 2005 we finished 2nd on for and against, and lost game to make Grand Final.

blacksafake

First Grade
Whilst being 14th is bad the style of footy we are “playing” that is even worse.
The situation re players out is just excuse making
  1. People new Korbin was suspended when he came but still predicted big things regrow good we were going to be.
  2. Frizz has only missed 1 game to date so not valid to say we are going poorly because he is out.
  3. JDB could have been lost to injury so would we really expect our season to be so poor or over because of the loss of 1 player.
We are in this position due to poor and confused recruitment, a pedestrian backline, a totally inept coach, putting our eggs in the wrong baskets , incredibly poor team selection and in the meantime some people blaming our best player and wanting him to leave the club.
Despite other clubs going bad they have a ray of sunshine for supporters to hang onto and that is watching juniors progress and a bright style of footy, well we have neither and despite glimmers of hope last year our coach has single handedly extinguished any chance of a Phoenix rising out of any ashes.
He pissed on the last burning ember and kicked dirt over the top of it.
Even in the misery and works if pain at the Dogs Dean Pay can at least say “well it’s nit all bad we’ve got the Dragons in a couple of weeks”
Don't worry OT.
I noticed L plate is on 360 on Fox tonight so I'm sure he'll have all the excuses lined up.:rolleyes:
That's of course assuming they'll actually ask the right questions & not have some love-in reunion.:(