Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by gregstar, Apr 13, 2018.

1. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Great analysis mate, for sure Phil Blake would have created a fair bit of opportunity for us in the match had he been on the field all game.

Sure did have X factor!

Life's Good likes this.
  2. gregstar

gregstar Coach

1995 really sucked balls as well.

we started the year like a stretched & torn anus but suddenly hit our straps at the end of the year and we were blowing teams apart.

we played canterbury in the first semi in heavy rain & we were absolutely dudded on the call for their only try which was as blatant an obstruction as exists in rugby league. we were the better team on the day & we lost courtesy of an eddie ward special. that loss really pissed me off given we were playing an exciting brand of footy we hadn't produced since the end of '83. the fact the dogs ended up wining the comp didn't help either!

Frank Facer, Life's Good and ouryears like this.
  3. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Remember that match well, we were so much better than dogs on the day, heavy rain and all.
    If my memory is right, Tallis played a blinder for us, what year did he stand down for a year?

4. gregstar

gregstar Coach

i was absolutely spitting chips when we lost.
    one pleasing aspect of the year's ending was bartrim finding form with us. the next year he was sensational.

tallarse the deadsh*t sat out the following year. i was absolutely spewing about that as well. even as a qlder he lost me completely after that.

Frank Facer and ouryears like this.
  5. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Juniors

And, remember the prick took the matter of his valid playing contract to Court, and lost.

I don't have a legal background but I would've thought Tallis's decision to ignore the proceedings against him were contempt of court.

Apparently not.

It also vexes that Wayne Bennett actively encouraged Tallis to not play for Saints that season.

Frank Facer and ouryears like this.
  6. ouryears

ouryears Juniors

Yeah, we need to get them back somehow very soon.

Maybe Hunt will score a try that stops them making the top 8.. or perhaps we can knock them out in the semi finals, though both those seem way too tame.

Needs something more ruthless, let's think about the perfect payback and implement it hey!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 8:05 PM
    st shaneoh likes this.
  7. mw10371

mw10371 Juniors

Then Coyne went down, played pretty much crippled for the second half. Everything that could have went wrong, did so that game.

8. gregstar

gregstar Coach

yes. forgot about that!

it was also a pity that we were crap in '94 because if he was in '93 form that year he would have made the kangaroo tour.

9. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

Great post.

10. Frank Facer

Frank Facer Juniors

I would start with signing Pangai Junior.

ouryears likes this.
  11. dragoninmexico

dragoninmexico Juniors

Getting back to our great start in 93 does anyone remember those two games back to back when we played both the Dogs at Belmore when we were both undefeated and then the broncos at kogarah who were the first team to beat us? Chook Heron scored a great solo try against the broncos. The game against the Dogs was an absolute cracker ! Great memories.

ouryears and Life's Good like this.
  12. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

Yes I was at both games. We had grandstand seats at Belmore and it was quite a warm Sunday afternoon. I remember walking out pumped with the win dodging dirty Dogs fans as we headed home.
    The game against the Broncos was the one Goldthorpe absolutely poleaxed Trevor Gilmeister in a pearler of a tackle. My mate remarked ‘the axe just got axed!’.
    Great times.

ouryears likes this.