What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1999 Grand Final - right of reply email

Anonymous

Juniors
I got this email today (entitled, "LOSER") from someone called Keegan....

I can't believe what you said about the 1999 Grand Final. If you poor little cry babies watched the game properly you would see Melbourne were the better team. I aint sayin i don't like the dragons its you guys that i hate you sit there and whinge and complain cause you lost by a better team. Melbourne Storm beat you fair and square and about the penalty try look where it hit him you idiot. Craig Smith was knocked and can't remember any of the game. If any one tried to cheat it was the dragons because you idiots didn't like it cause we were comin bak so you cheat. What LOSERS. The Storm go out there every week tryin there best. Why don't you guys look and learn from us and take your baby bottle out of your mouth.

Melbourne Storm's No1 Fan!!!!!!!

I have to say, that I've never seen an argument put forward so eloquently. :lol:

Yes... its a slow news day. :D

Southernsaint

Staff member
You could drive a bus through this clowns "argument" but it's all been done before...

"I'd love it, I'd really love it" if Keegan just crawled back under the rock from whence he came :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
LOL.
It's hard to say what point he's trying to make. I think he is replying to something I wrote in the Dragons history site about the 99 grand final. I gave credit to Melbourne but decribed it as being a controversial finish... which it was.
I also said that there was a number of puzzling/controversial decisions in the second half... which there were.

:lol: I thought I was being extremely conservative. I didnt even mention the large-slow-moving-one, Glenn Lazarus acting like an ungracious clown after the match.

:lol: As far as I can tell, the biggest whingers about the 1999 grand final are Melbourne supporters. Its like they've got a guilt complex. 8)