What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

Iafeta

Referee
Amazing how confused Australias hierarchy is. You have Smith out there endorsing Wade, you have CA ensuring Wade is Tasmanias gloveman (if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Paine left out of their XI altogether for a match?), you have Smith and CA seemingly influencing state sides to put in younger blokes irrespective of long term performance (ala Cowan), yet at the same time the selectors recall a habitual underperformer in Shaun Marsh at age 34... Complete balls up from start to finish. Seems Smith wanted Wade at all costs, and you can infer he'd prefer a young chap instead of Marsh, yet the selectors have got off the stagecoach and clearly realised Wade is done and dusted irrespective of how much Smith wants his pal there.

It's almost Bradman-esque the amount of influence Smith wields. Or at least thought he wielded. Ones a good bat on flat tracks the other is the worlds greatest all time bat.

Can see a lot of internal fracturing and disharmony if they find themselves under the pump at all.

TheParraboy

Staff member
But disrespectful mate.
Bob Quiney, Bryce McGain and Andrew McDonald are greats.

Ahh Andrew McDonald, should have had a 100+ test career for mine

played 4 tests in total all vs South Africa for 3 wins, winning percentage of 75%
His tight bowling (best 3/25) was very very handy, was on the precipice scoring some serious runs too

The allrounder we shoulda coulda woulda had...sniff

TheParraboy

Staff member
Amazing how confused Australias hierarchy is. You have Smith out there endorsing Wade, you have CA ensuring Wade is Tasmanias gloveman (if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Paine left out of their XI altogether for a match?), you have Smith and CA seemingly influencing state sides to put in younger blokes irrespective of long term performance (ala Cowan), yet at the same time the selectors recall a habitual underperformer in Shaun Marsh at age 34... Complete balls up from start to finish. Seems Smith wanted Wade at all costs, and you can infer he'd prefer a young chap instead of Marsh, yet the selectors have got off the stagecoach and clearly realised Wade is done and dusted irrespective of how much Smith wants his pal there.

It's almost Bradman-esque the amount of influence Smith wields. Or at least thought he wielded. Ones a good bat on flat tracks the other is the worlds greatest all time bat.

Can see a lot of internal fracturing and disharmony if they find themselves under the pump at all.

Come on mate, the great Shaun Marsh was brought in cause he plays spin very well, he is needed to bat against the dangerous and series threatening Moeen Ali.

typicalfan

Coach
Rensselaer has got to go back to shield to find form but Marsh didn’t need much to get back in. I would be fine if Marsh got picked if he deserved it.

Tim Paine interviewed playing down why he was selected, saying he's best keeper in Australia.

Recently I'd argue he wasn't even the best keeper in Tasmania.