What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to be reports that Renshaw has been given a chance after a net session against the Aussie quicks....

That's just f**king typical of our dumb selectors

How many test matches do we play in the nets ?

The mind boggles

Bazal

Post Whore
That's just f**king typical of our dumb selectors

How many test matches do we play in the nets ?

The mind boggles

Mate haven't you been watching Aussie cricket for the last five years or so? Net form is the only form that matters!

Eelectrica

Referee
Why do I get the feeling they're giving Bancroft the gloves for the first test?
On form I'd have him in the test as a batsman in a heartbeat. Not as a keeper/batsman though.

Don't think they're doing Renshaw any favours if he is in the test team as out of form as he is. He'll be found out very quickly.

jargan83

Coach
So Renshaw looks to get a reprieve after a net session against the Aussie quicks.

They might as well keep Matt Wade after an elocution class on how to say "Nice one Gary"

typicalfan

Coach
Renshaw’s test average is higher than Bancroft’s shield average.

Bancroft should be on his grill no doubts but surely Renshaw gets his chance first up.

Bancroft should be on his grill no doubts but surely Renshaw gets his chance first up.
Common sense isn't always common

The English hardly bowl at a shield level with the kookaburra and bouncy roads

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Are you an Australian selector ? That's exactly the type of logic they use to justify picking some one hopelessly out of form, then scratch their head when he fails yet again.

Timbo

Staff member
Are you an Australian selector ? That's exactly the type of logic they use to justify picking some one hopelessly out of form, then scratch their head when he fails yet again.

Well, that and hunches, gut feel and x-factor.

Bazal

Post Whore
On a personal level I'd be stoked for Paine if true. I really think he would have been a very good keeper batsman if he hadn't had that horrible break.

On a winning the Ashes note, that same break meant he regressed as a batsman and I just don't see him being a genuine contributor of runs if we need him to be.

Bloody good keeper though, so can't complain on that front.

The less said about Marsh the better. He's had his chances. Solid cricketer but it's time to move on surely.

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL.

Tim Paine doesn’t even keep for Tasmania. This is farcical.

In fairness it seems that he would actually be keeping for Tassie if not for the Australian selectors. There's been plenty of talk they wanted him to keep before Scissorhands but the selectors stepped in and said Wade needed to keep.

On a personal level I'd be stoked for Paine if true. I really think he would have been a very good keeper batsman if he hadn't had that horrible break.

On a winning the Ashes note, that same break meant he regressed as a batsman and I just don't see him being a genuine contributor of runs if we need him to be.

Bloody good keeper though, so can't complain on that front.

The less said about Marsh the better. He's had his chances. Solid cricketer but it's time to move on surely.

He doesn’t even keep for Tasmania anymore.

How can we pick a guy out of match practice? This is nuts.

Plus I’m not sure I agree with you analysis about his batting. His batting record in List A & domestic T20’s hasn’t suffered greatly from his finger injury. It could just be he’s not a very good long form batsmen.

In fairness it seems that he would actually be keeping for Tassie if not for the Australian selectors. There's been plenty of talk they wanted him to keep before Scissorhands but the selectors stepped in and said Wade needed to keep.

So they want Wade to keep, but select Paine anyway? That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but then not much cricket Australia do these days does.

Seriously, this is farcical.

Not Paine’s fault though.

Incorrect

Coach
So they want Wade to keep, but select Paine anyway? That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but then not much cricket Australia do these days does.

Seriously, this is farcical.

Not Paine’s fault though.
The even weirder upshot of Wade keeping, but also being picked to bat up the order for Tassie has seen Paine batting at #4 and Wade at 5... 2 keepers batting at 2nd and 3rd drop... f**k there is some strange shit happening in Australian cricket at the moment... At least Bancroft came through the ranks as an opener and knows how to bat at the top of the order....

Latest posts