What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England at Gabba Brisbane, Nov 23-27 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, dont believe this leaked team, even our dumf**ks aren't this stupid

surely we won name a keeper who doesn't even keep for his state, bit of a slap in the face to Neville and Carey

I hate the leaked selection of Marsha and overlooking of Renshaw but I love the selection of Paine

A true batsman and a keeper who can f**king catch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What I take from the Paine selection if true.
1. Neville's papers are marked. He's a good keeper but not a world beater so his non selection won't make or break the team.

2. To accommodate Paine and his lack of batsmanship they've thrown their 'allrounder" obsession out the window.

3. The brown nosed dwarf sits under the selection table.

4. Wade is gone, the war is over, free at last etc.

typicalfan

Coach
The ? with Paine is he still up to the rigours of test cricket. He might be a great pure keeper but if he breaks down at least they have Bancroft and Handscomb I suppose. Paine hasn’t even been tested regularly at 4 day level. I just can’t see how this is a good long term vision. Looks like a project until Wade scores runs.

Timbo

Staff member
I just can't work it out. He's kept barely one first class inning all summer.

It's not a long term pick, nor is it a sensible short term bandaid. Why not go with Carey?

I'm happy Wade is gone, and I like Paine, but this makes absolutely no sense based on the first three Shield rounds.

Incorrect

Coach

It's not a long term pick, nor is it a sensible short term bandaid. Why not go with Carey?

I'm happy Wade is gone, and I like Paine, but this makes absolutely no sense based on the first three Shield rounds.
It's almost like they are sending a massive f**k You to Nevill....maybe they are hoping he'll retire or something....

Timbo

Staff member
It's almost like they are sending a massive f**k You to Nevill....maybe they are hoping he'll retire or something....

You're not wrong there. This is a huge shot at Nevill, who is at least equal to Paine with the mitts and a far more accomplished batsman.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Maybe they want a short term option and it allows them yo give the younger options some time. Allows Whiteman to come back as well.

Timbo

Staff member
It's confirmed. The leaked side is right.

Shaun Marsh.

giphy.gif

Incorrect

Coach
To be fair to Marsh the other options have been awful this summer
Why would anyone want to be fair to a Marsh??? This merkin has already been treated more than fairly in the past and stunk the joint up. I wish Callum Ferguson or Michael Klinger were given 1 or 2 of the chances this imposter has been given at Test level....

Iafeta

Referee
Are we living in a world where this forums boi Alex Doolan is next cab off the rank? Epic double ton on a raging green seamer the other day. Who else will they put there when Darsh fails? Big Legside Mow?

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, where's the love for Ferguson? He's just come off a monster. Not mates with Boof or Smiffy I guess.

I honestly could've copped any of Ferguson, Hughes, Patterson, J.Lehmann or Head at 6 (ahead of Cartwright, who I'd have picked) but SMarsh getting his fiftieth recall just smacks of the boys club.

The lack of even a part time medium pacer in the 6 is a bit of a worry to me. The reason Harris and Johnson were so lethal last time was because Siddle and Watson could bowl long spells with the old ball alongside Lyon, keeping them fresh. Who's going to do that in this side?

Choppy182

Juniors
How has Daniel Hughes not gained even a look in? By far the form batsman in state cricket this season, not to mention consistent. Partner him with NSW team mate David Warner opening the bat.

Marsh?! are they high?

Tim Paine? Poms licking their lips about this! Give it to Neville and leave it.

Bowling attack can not be scrutinised, best attack we can have and will cause headaches for the poms.