What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1ST ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Good game and we were pretty competitive with the ball on what was a pretty poor wicket for fast bowlers. The batting though needs to improve a million percent. Its arguably the best tail in world cricket but its still a tail. The top order is perhaps the worst I can remember.

JW

Coach
Pissed at the result and a few other things, but a brilliant Test all the same.

And Dar, Cowan and T20 can GAGF.

Wato

Juniors
Congrats England, you won the big moments in this test match and deserved to win. I hope this puts too bed the idea that England wil walk all over Australia, this will be a tight series. Ian bell and James Anderson were fantastic and swann had glimpses of brilliance, English fans should really appreciate these players because just like us now when these guys go England will be in for a rough time. That was one of the most entertaining test matches I have seen in years and can't wait for it all to start again on Thursday.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Snicko confirmed it!

Hotspot, a clear sound on audio and now snicko confirms it.

Im glad it's now conclusive to avoid any controversy.

Geez youguys never make it easy for us. Great effort from Haddin.

Good to see at least one of our resident soap dodgers is capable of not being a complete douche after a win. :p

Definitely edged it. Haddin's reaction gave it away.

Um, no. The batsman always turns his head to follow the ball whether he hits it or not. You can't use that to argue Haddin knew he got a feather touch.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Exclude the last decision from this, but you have to wonder about the value of video after this match. I think it is easier to suck it up when you get a dud from a guy making a decision with only his own senses making the decision. When you have the aid of technology you simply expect the right decision every time. It just never happens.

I think in complex sports where a decision is going to be analysed by TV over and over again, the best bet is to not use the technology. I've been a big fan of the introduction in league and cricket, but I think I have to start to move away from supporting it. It isn't that the technology that is letting the sports down, it is the interpretations being made.

Clarke needs to get tougher on the use of the 2 video reviews.. Especially using the last one. It probably cost Australia the game. Too many passengers in our batting line up. Only half the team is doing almost all the work. If Warner is underdone and can't play, how come Clarke can? If Warner place I reckon we win. The pitch required a positive and aggressive approach. Something most of our top order lack.

skeepe

Immortal
I hear Aleem Dar is to receive an MBE at the next Queen's Birthday for his meritorious services to English cricket.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hey Leedsbeerhunter: since you brought up sports other than cricket earlier in the thread, and since this is a Rugby League forum, remind of the last time England/Great Britain won a Test series against Australia or an international tournament final? You won't get within cooee of a win this year either.

I could also add the long list of amusing failures in your country's #1 sport as well, which I'm sure will once again be added to in amusing fashion next year.

I might further add you've shown yourself to be an ungracious and classless dickhead, not to mention a weak coward, as you disappeared every time the match turned in our favour, only to reaurface when things started going your mob's way again.

Matt23

Staff member
Can we ban Watson from f**king calling for the DRS everytime he gets given out ?
Batsman at the other end should be telling he's plumb, and to tell him to start walking...and to remind him that there's no "I" in team.

Red Bear

Referee
I wouldn't go as far to say it's a great day to be English but it's a great day not to be Australian, sleep tight Aussies.

I ate breakfast in this general area
474.jpg

Then cruised up this coastline in the arvo to play soccer
823263-seacliff-bridge.jpg

Middle of winter and it was 20 odd degrees, sunny and no wind.

It was f**king great being Australian and living in this country today