What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v England at MCG Jan 14 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts 2.20pm Sunday

Ill be at the Sydney Opera house at 2pm watching the Green day musical :sunglasses:

Should be able to catch most of the evening session

Poms should be more competitive in this format, though thinking we will win the series 3-2

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
England definitely better in this format and it should be a good series.

I'm tipping one of the games to be tied.

Valheru

Coach
Don't really care who wins this, as long as the loser wins game 2 or 3. At least that way we have a live fixture on Australia Day.

If it can be 2-2 for opening day in Perth then all the better.

Blade23

Juniors
Hoping for a much closer contest. Poms lately are better in ODI'S than tests and we will give them a few chances with rotations.

Blade23

Juniors
People wanting a closer contest?

Bugger that let’s continue the slaughter

Closer contests are better for the overall game and more exciting. At least I find it that way.
Looking back on ODI cricket what do you fondly remember more? Bevan's last ball four at the SCG in 1996 against the Windies or us thumping England in the last game of the 1999 Carlton & United series by 162 runs.
I still remember Bevan clearly.
If this series is one way traffic I won't bother watching it and I will dip out halfway through.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Agree. The one thing ODIs don't need are one sided contests.

And even though we flogged the poms in the test series we still had to play good cricket to do it.

England are playing a very good style of ODI cricket, to beat them we'll have to play well.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Can't see this being one sided. We've really slipped badly from being the pace setters of the ODI game to now trying to catch up.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Australia won only 5 of 15 odi's last year, with plenty of the usual batting collapses. Poms favourites here and will thump us on current form.

King hit

Coach
Closer contests are better for the overall game and more exciting. At least I find it that way.
Looking back on ODI cricket what do you fondly remember more? Bevan's last ball four at the SCG in 1996 against the Windies or us thumping England in the last game of the 1999 Carlton & United series by 162 runs.
I still remember Bevan clearly.
If this series is one way traffic I won't bother watching it and I will dip out halfway through.

I get your point but I just enjoy watching us humiliate England. It never gets old for me. A Bevan moment in odi that was just as good was against New Zealand in 2002 where we were 6/70 or something chasing 246 and Bevan with help from Warne, Lee and Bichel got us home in the final over. I was born in early 1995 so I wasn’t even a year old when Bevan played that heroic innings. Have watched it on one of my cricket dvds plenty of times.

some11

Referee
Faulkners heroics in the '14 series were awesome.

I still think 5 odis is too many, maybe 2/3 plus a T20i. Whatever happened to T20i games anyway?

Bazal

Post Whore

I still think 5 odis is too many, maybe 2/3 plus a T20i. Whatever happened to T20i games anyway?

There are about nine of them after this ODI series

TheParraboy

Staff member
Agree with King hit, Cant get tired of thumping mighty mighty Ungerland, great viewing as well as their tabloids offering a good read. Though I think they will do well this series

thumping India is even better, actually anyone thumping them is just as good

King hit

Coach

My neighbour went to that Faulkner Gabba game and he left when Australia lost their 9th wicket. I remind him of it every now and then.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

There's a t20i tri series with Aus, Eng and NZ. Split hosting in NZ and Aus. Play each other twice then final at Eden Park. Sydney gets the opener (NZvAus), Melbourne and Hobart also get a Eng v Aus game.

blaza88z

Coach
I expect us to win this ODI series convincingly, we usually score 300+ and with the quality of our bowling i'm not sure how England get near it

Latest posts