What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland on Jan 30, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
Here we are , the prestigious Chappell-Hadlee trophy up for grabs

We currently hold the title (very rare) but it could go back to the kiwis after a week as we are missing our two best bats in Smith and Warner

First game starts midday this Sunday, I have the day off work so will try watch a bit of it

TheParraboy

Staff member
My apologies, starts on Monday

Would have thought Sunday would have been better for people to get out to the game over there?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think we're a big chance in this series, our bowling attack looks strong and we bat deep.

The opposition have a couple of key players out so I'm tipping us to win 2/1 and regain the Hadlee/Chappell trophy.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wade touted captain instead of Smith

Kiwis no hope against the tactical genius of our tough little nugget..

Iafeta

Referee
Hazlett looks a good bat. He got a call up didn't he? Disappointed for Andrew Fekete, would have been good on NZ wickets TBF.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yeh, he did, and he's never even played a shield game apparently
He played in the shield all of last season, he's not played a 50 over game for QLD. But he did do well for the NPS against the SA and India A teams.

TheParraboy

Staff member
id say they go with this

Head
Finch
SMarsh
Handscombe
Maxwell
Wade
Faulkner
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

wont get a game, unless injuries or maybe in a dead rubber
Stoinis
Heazlett
Stanlake

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He played in the shield all of last season, he's not played a 50 over game for QLD. But he did do well for the NPS against the SA and India A teams.

yeh I read a few articles on him, I thought they said no shield games, he did very well in junior teams

TIGER14

Bench
Very generous of Australia to turn it into a handicap series by resting players to give the Kiwi's half a chance.

JJ

Immortal
Funnily enough this series has been pretty even - 10 "series", 5 Aust 3 NZ, 2 drawn

Even down to matches it's 15-12 to Australia - shame nobody cares much, because in the shorter forms we generally match up well - the series before Xmas was unusual

TheParraboy

Staff member
Funnily enough this series has been pretty even - 10 "series", 5 Aust 3 NZ, 2 drawn

Even down to matches it's 15-12 to Australia - shame nobody cares much, because in the shorter forms we generally match up well - the series before Xmas was unusual

that's suprising to me, felt kiwis held the upper hand in series results and in games and by a long way

I guess NZ have consistently (0-5 SA drubbing aside) beaten us in ODI compared to other nations since the Chappell Hadlee trophy was introduced??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Damn it will be all over by the time I get home from work, no chance to watch the greatest captain in our time run the show.

Latest posts