What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: New Zealand v South Africa at Hamilton on Feb 19, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
The is one t20 international played between these two nations tomorrow (17/2)

However they are playing 5 ODIs. This first one is on Sunday

I LOL at De Villiers saying there is some unfinished business in NZ. What a turnip
They LOST A WORLD CUP SEMI FINAL - HELLO. and now they are gonna "finish" the business by winning a useless ODI series? LOL again

Hope the kiwis spank them 5-0

Iafeta

Referee
Just going to say it. But that innings from Glenn Philips was probably the worst innings I've ever seen. Horrible.

JJ

Immortal
20 year old kid who should have been picked against Bangladesh and is now thrown in... he's a good talent make no mistake unbelievable they picked Blundell above himband now play him

Munro is the joke, he's horrific

I'll just assume you didn't see Maddinson bat...

Iafeta

Referee
Colin Munro is off his rocker. Disgraceful shot first ball. That was awful. Why is Luke Ronchi back? He's past it.

JJ

Immortal
That's what annoys me both Ronchi and Guptill were out against Bangers and they didn't pick Phillips now they do?!?!?

The kid hasn't made his first class debut, but he's the next keeper bat, big talent

Not picking Taylor is just insane, he's obviously better than anyone not called Williamson

Iafeta

Referee
With Philips he looked to be genuinely late in playing his shots. I will give him the benefit and say he was nervous

JJ

Immortal
With Philips he looked to be genuinely late in playing his shots. I will give him the benefit and say he was nervous
He did.

Think he was overawed TBH wrong game for him to debut in. You could see in the field how nervous he was.

Potentially a big future, but has played no first class matches, and maybe a handful of domestic one dayers, been brilliant in those and the 20:20 games, but the selectors f**ked that up IMO

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wouldn't be NZC if we didn't throw a kid in way too early and then derailed his career at least once every couple of years. Hopefully Phillips recovers and shows what he can do.

Williamson managed to survive getting thrown in the deep end eventually but it wasn't an easy start for him either. Although in his case a lack of options played a role.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to do that at some stage, some will fail and some wont but how will you know if you dont give them a run ?

JJ

Immortal
I think you need to do that at some stage, some will fail and some wont but how will you know if you dont give them a run ?
There was an opportunity to play him against Bangladesh, that's my gripe if they had him this high on their list why the f**k not play him then when both Guptill and Ronchi were hurt???? Phillips is a keeper yet they chose Blundell, farcical now IMO Then he'd have had a taste prior to this game, remember he's not even played a first class game yet...

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Beating up on Bangladesh is one thing but guys like Brownlie, Broom, Latham will find themselves exposed against genuinely good bowling that teams like South Africa can produce if they don't tighten up their techniques.

JJ

Immortal
Brownlie and Broom are fine IMO

I'm becoming less of a fan of Latham in shorter forms

South Africa are a very good all round team