What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

JJ

Immortal
yeah, they should just call it now, draw and save us all the time

Tommy Smith

Referee
We've had our first John Snow story from Chappelli!!

There's at least two or three every summer.

Would make for a good drinking game when Chappell is in the commentary box - a shot for every time he gives us one of the ole "back in my day" stories.

And whenever he mentions John Snow you have to say "Winter is Coming!" and down a flagon of Dornish wine.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A brave 250+ run defeat for a gallant Australian side that was about 80 runs behind SA's first innings lead with all 10 wickets in hand.

Canard

Immortal
I know it has been said that the 12 named for this Test would be retained for Hobart. But if this was a business and a business encountered a crisis like we've got with this team, an emergency board meeting would be held to sort shit out. Will the selectors hold an emergency meeting to re-think their decision to send the same gumbies to the next contest??? They have to - surely? There are some glaring selection issues here that need to be addressed before Cricket Australia should expect people to fork out their hard earned to go and watch this team play...

Agreed, but the reality is one or two changes to the lineup isn't going to solve this quickly.

Incorrect

Coach
Agreed, but the reality is one or two changes to the lineup isn't going to solve this quickly.

True that too. But dropping 1 or 2 at least makes it look like they are trying to address the obvious issues and puts others on notice. Doing nothing makes them look like they don't give a f**k, or worse for them, that they are inept.

Eelectrica

Referee
Nice to see a bit of resistance here at least. Neville current at 120 balls, Hazlewood 40.
Making 'em earn it at least.

Still selectors have got to know we shouldn't even be in the position.

Timbo

Staff member
We've had our first John Snow story from Chappelli!!

There's at least two or three every summer.

Would make for a good drinking game when Chappell is in the commentary box - a shot for every time he gives us one of the ole "back in my day" stories.

And whenever he mentions John Snow you have to say "Winter is Coming!" and down a flagon of Dornish wine.

My favourite part of today's coverage was when Chappelli was saying that he was sure that Rabada 'must have scared the other boys in his village growing up', because a black man, Rabada clearly grew up in a village.

Or, as the son of a wealthy doctor he grew up in an affluent part of Johannesburg and went to an elite private school.

Jesus.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm feeling pretty positive about the next Test to be honest...

It looks like a couple of days could be lost to rain according to the forecast so a draw could be on!!!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Very odd that the selectors haven't allowed themselves the flexibility of at least making a couple of changes to the bowling line up with back to back tests. Bird for Siddle and O'Keefe for Lyon would be just common sense selections

RockWheel

Bench
My favourite part of today's coverage was when Chappelli was saying that he was sure that Rabada 'must have scared the other boys in his village growing up', because a black man, Rabada clearly grew up in a village.

Or, as the son of a wealthy doctor he grew up in an affluent part of Johannesburg and went to an elite private school.

Jesus.
God forbid they'd do some research on the players they'll be commentating on for up to 90 hours. Healy's 'when did he decide to bowl fast, how did he go as a junior player blah blah blah,' as though this information is just far too difficult to find out with his busy schedule.

Latest posts