What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Hobart Dec 14-18, 2012

TheParraboy

Staff member
There is a chairman XI game vs SL 6th-8th before this test

Our whole pace attack should change from the last SA test. Though I reckon they will keep Notch in the XI :x. Harris if fit should be in, as well as Siddle.

Khawaja for Punter for mine

Expect SL to win a test in this series also

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
all the commentators had Notch in their team

I still dont get it

Xfactor1979

Bench
We're going to smash Sri Lanka like guitars this series

Theyre a One Day/ T20 team- and they are toothless when they play test matches away from Sri Lanka, simple as that

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'd refresh the side as much as possible:

Cowan
Warner
Hussey
Khawaja
Clarke
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Hussey in my mind is the best option at three for the moment. He's in good nick and we have got to stop getting in the position where we are three down for not very many. Coming in at three is too much to ask of Khawaja this early in his career, while Watson's technique isn't good enough for that position. I wouldn't move Clarke either - if it's working why try and fix it? I think Hussey will do a fine job at three for the next 12-18 months or so while Khawaja finds his feet.

In my mind Watson is starting to come under a bit of pressure in the Test side. He's not producing the runs needed (Ave 28.50 in 2012, 24.09 in 2011) and he isn't taking enough wickets either. He has only scored two centuries in his entire career and the last one was in 2010. Given his past injuries, current injuries and his lack of form I would be looking for a replacement immediately. We can't be carrying a guy who can only bowl ten overs an innings and averages less than 30 for the past two years.

Dumped Hilfenhaus. He isn't 30 yet but I don't see him as a core part of our squad. He's given the new ball but he just doesn't look dangerous. At best I see him as a Clark/Bichel kind of bowler.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Khawaja
Warner
Cowan
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

I would seriously have a look at putting Cowan at 3 if we lose an opener early he can do his usual take 100 balls to get of the mark and keep his wicket...

Earl

Coach
I think changing the batting order should come into some serious consideration but it won't. They'll stick with inexperience at the top, and then we'll destroy Sri Lankan which will mask over all our problems untill we get too India.

If Clarke doesn't want to move than move Hussey, but one of those 2 need to bat at 3 to give the team some stability. Having a top 4 consisting of 3 inexperienced bats plus Watson who we all know is a f**king nuffy, is just setting us up to be 3/50 over and over again.

I'd like to see this

1. Ed Cowan
2. David (David, not f**ken Davey) Warner
3. Mike Hussey
4. Michael Clarke
5. Usman Khawaja
6. Shane Watson
7. Matt Wade
8. Peter Siddle
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Ben Hilfenhaus
11. Nathan Lyon

But i reckon this is what we will see;

1. Ed Cowan
2. Davey Warner
3. Shane Watson
4. Rob Quiney
5. Michael Clarke
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Peter Siddle
10. Ben Hilfenhaus
11. Natahn Lyon

That top 4 is f**ken laughable.

some11

Referee
Why the f**k would Quiney get another go? :lol:

Would like to see some well composed ducks though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Quiney won't get a look in.

Cowan
Warner
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Starc
Hastings
Siddle
Lyon

They will give Hastings another test, deserved or not. Warner is worth the risk ATM and Cowan has runs on the bank for a while. Hughes waits in the wings if one of those fails. Khawaja needs to take his chance or he will become a trivia question.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Any word on Ryan Harris' fitness? He might not be a long-term option but hes close to the best quick in the country imo

Xfactor1979

Bench
What about Kurtis Patterson? He absolutely murdered the West Australian bowling attack in a shield game last year

Although, you cant have too many Michael Clarke's in the one side

beads6

First Grade
Clarke needs to shift up to 4. It makes our side look remarkably better instantly. If they pick Quiney to replace Punter I'll pop a blood vessel.

Cowan
Warner
Khawaja/Hughes
Clarke
Watson
Hussey
Wade
Starc/Johnson
Siddle
Bird
Lyon

Hilfenhaus/Starc/Johnson

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warney said Bobby had the best technique in the country outside the guys already in the team, Big Bad Bob Quiney is a lock for Hobart.

Earl

Coach
We missed his medium pacers when the Saffas racked up near 600 too.

Could have been the difference in the feild for the Aussies.

beads6

First Grade
Warney said Bobby had the best technique in the country outside the guys already in the team, Big Bad Bob Quiney is a lock for Hobart.

He hasn't even been in good from this summer. I guess that 50 he scored in the Stars practice match will get him over the line. :crazy:

unbreaK

Juniors
1) Hughes
2) Cowan
3) Clarke
4) Khawaja
5) Watson
6) M.Hussey
7) Wade
8) Siddle
9) Starc
10) Hilfenhaus
11) Lyon

The Joker

Juniors
Cowan
Klinger/Hughes
Khawaja
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Hazlewood/Hilfy

I don't think Hilfy is in very good form, but I believe the selectors will pick him in Hobart. I can't justify picking Warner

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Hilfy will get a game until Pattinson is fit again.

Surely they cant keep picking Hazlewood as 12th man, he either gets a run or plays shield cricket. He need to be building up his fitness, not playing drink waiters.

The Joker

Juniors
Surely they cant keep picking Hazlewood as 12th man, he either gets a run or plays shield cricket. He need to be building up his fitness, not playing drink waiters.

They did the same thing with Starc for the first two South African test matches. Frankly if they don't pick them on the day, they should be released to their respective state sides. They could bowl John Hastings in the nets if they need someone to do "throw downs" or a Future Leagues player for 12th man

Latest posts