What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v Pakistan at Lords, May 24-28, 2018

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We are dogshit.

Worst English batting line up in my lifetime.

Usman Afzhal was David Gower when compared to these blokes.
I always thought you were a youngster tommy but I didn't know you were in your teens.

In Cook and Root you've got 2 of England's best players in the last 40 years.
Stokes is a match winner. Bairstow is a very decent bat.

I think you're forgetting the days when England used to strike fear in opposition with the likes of Nasser Hussain leading the battle.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nasser Hussain was much better than half the mugs we have now.

Cook is finished. Has been for 2-3years. Root is quality but still Stephen Flemingesque with his 50/100 conversion rate.

And apart from him our best players are our no.6 and no.7.

Our top 5, minus Root, are a cancerous lump.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I feel your pain Tommy, but Cook's not finished. Bairstow is far from being cancerous, and Root is very good.

But, after that its slim pickings. You've got 2 holes in your top 5 and play an all rounder at 6.

There are too many passengers in the England team, including Mark Wood.

TRJ is a huge loss. And Stoneman, Vince, Ballance and whoever else, just aint getting it done.

Iafeta

Referee
What happened to Daniel Vettori Jr? That Dominic Bess fellow couldn’t turn a door knob. The RPS stat was around 25. Shane Thomson would have ripped them harder.

The difference for me was Pakistan’s length. So often at the top of off stick. England weren’t patient enough. Too many half volleys.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What happened to Daniel Vettori Jr? That Dominic Bess fellow couldn’t turn a door knob. The RPS stat was around 25. Shane Thomson would have ripped them harder.

The difference for me was Pakistan’s length. So often at the top of off stick. England weren’t patient enough. Too many half volleys.
If it doesn't swing Anderson and co throw the toys out of the pram

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Didn't mind Roland-Jones from what I saw of him last year. A good persistent length.

Yeah, a bit out of the McGrath school of "why overcomplicate things?" but he had the ability to get awkward steep bounce off a length. I'm not suggesting for one second that he was as accurate as McGrath, but he is nevertheless a big loss for England and demonstrated far more potential than Mark "Pies" Wood.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, a bit out of the McGrath school of "why overcomplicate things?" but he had the ability to get awkward steep bounce off a length. I'm not suggesting for one second that he was as accurate as McGrath, but he is nevertheless a big loss for England and demonstrated far more potential than Mark "Pies" Wood.

He hits a pretty immaculate length. He’s seriously underrated.

TheParraboy

Staff member
incredible how Poms churn out batting no8's (who cant bowl for shit)

should be over just after lunch today is my forecast

Pak 1-0 and poms cant win the series

Bazal

Post Whore
What the actual f**k is up with Root kneeling on the ground at silly point?

Seems like a recipe for facial fractures....

JJ

Immortal
The lack of runs at 8 cost them TBH

As always, Pakistan mercurial, full of talent and promise, but who knows what will happen from here

They'll miss Babar though, he is quality

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The lack of runs at 8 cost them TBH

As always, Pakistan mercurial, full of talent and promise, but who knows what will happen from here

They'll miss Babar though, he is quality

Ben Babar carving up for St Helens bruh