What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

TheParraboy

Staff member
Here we are the moment of truth

Looks like MMarsh will be back at 6?

Common Smithy win the toss at least :p

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If MMarsh plays that will do me, got a bad feeling he will come in for Haze. The selectors are geniused enough to do it as well.

TheParraboy

Staff member
MMarsh comes in for Hazlewood??

If that happens Im coming up to Brisbane for the green day concert and smashing you hiney in the mosh pit :D

Ponting said it best, if we are to do anything we need to play at our optimum best and then hope a couple of things go our way (those couple of things I would say would be for India's batting have brain farts in a couple of tests at least)

hineyrulz

Post Whore

If that happens Im coming up to Brisbane for the green day concert and smashing you hiney in the mosh pit :D

Ponting said it best, if we are to do anything we need to play at our optimum best and then hope a couple of things go our way (those couple of things I would say would be for India's batting have brain farts in a couple of tests at least)
already got my tickets mate :sunglasses:

Bazal

Post Whore

Haze hitting the deck hard on dustbowls could provide a couple of those things going our way....ball shooting low, trapping someone in front. Or maybe kicking through the surface and taking an edge.

Mitch Marsh offers very little. I wouldn't mind so much if he was playing over one of Lyon/SOK as a third seamer and a number 8 who can (theoretically) bat a bit....but not anywhere in the top 6 surely.

lockyno1

Post Whore
1.Renshaw
2.Warner
3.Smith
4. SMarsh
5. Handscomb
6. Wade
7. MMarsh/Maxwell (depends on the pitch)
8. Okeefe
9. Starc
10. Hazelwood
11. Lyon
12th: Maxwell or MMarsh

Notes: Khawaja left out due to his poor record in the sub continent on turning pitches.

Bazal

Post Whore
1.Renshaw
2.Warner
3.Smith
4. SMarsh
5. Handscomb
6. Wade
7. MMarsh/Maxwell (depends on the pitch)
8. Okeefe
9. Starc
10. Hazelwood
11. Lyon
12th: Maxwell or MMarsh

Notes: Khawaja left out due to his poor record in the sub continent on turning pitches.

So you're giving up completely on even looking like competing, and the entire plan if LA Locky was selecting the side is to capitulate inside three days, lose every test by an innings and rob India of 8 days gate takings?

f**king moron

TiggaPlease

Lehmann and the entire selection panel need to go.

Khawaja and Burns were scapegoats for the pathetic performance by the entire team in Sri Lanka. You don't drop one of your top batsmen who is in great form for a perceived weakness to certain conditions, you back them to rise up to the challenge.

No one here can tell me with a straight face that any of the top 6 bar Smith is less than even odds to do better than Khawaja in these conditions.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So you're giving up completely on even looking like competing, and the entire plan if LA Locky was selecting the side is to capitulate inside three days, lose every test by an innings and rob India of 8 days gate takings?

f**king moron

Khawaja isn't going to help us when he averages about 10 in the sub continent.

Look I'm not happy MMarsh is near the side and ideally I'd have someone at 6 who is a genuine bat whom is competent against spin but there isn't a better option than MMarsh or Maxwell at 6/7

OVP

Coach
I'd probably go with ..

1. Renshaw
2. Warner
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. S. Marsh
7. G. Maxwell or M. Marsh (S. Marsh at 6 and Maxwell at 7 has the potential to frustrate the crap out of India's bowlers if they get a good little partnership going, however i would also like an extra pace bowler too, i dont think 2 is enough to bowl them out, our spinners suck over there anyway ... So maybe I'd go with M.Marsh and hope and pray he does something with the bat for a change) OR scrap them both and play an extra fast bowler like Bird at 11, Wade at 7. *sigh* i wish it was Neville instead of Wade there, our batting would be a lot stronger.
8. Wade
9. Starc
10. Haze
11. Lyon

Actually bugger it, there's no way we will bowl them out twice. Let's go to the Caribbean instead and party on :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So according to Boof in an article on Foxsports its down to Warner/Renshaw/Oozie to open and both Marshes will play and bat at 6.

If MMarsh plays then we must be looking at 2 spinners who I assume are Goat and SOK.

I also read how the Goat has slightly changed his action to be flatter and slightly more back of a length to suit the flatter pitches yet the Indian second XI belted the crap out of him so much that he started to mouth off at them which I have never seen him do before.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Leaving Usman out would be ridiculous. I can't believe they are even contemplating it. He is exactly what we need over there. Patient and can score big hundreds. Yet they may leave him out because he failed once before in Sri Lanka. I hate that kind of thinking. He is one of our top 3 bats, just pick him and back him in all conditions.

Also don't like the idea of both SOK and Lyon playing. Two bread and butter spinners. India will feast on that all day.

Just go with the strength and pick 3 fast bowlers. Chuck maxy in there somewhere if you really want a 2nd spin option. His bowling is passable and has the potential to score big runs over there if he can pull his head in.

Latest posts