What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unpopular opinion of the day....Patterson is not as good as the season he has had. Batting out of his skin and (IMO) above his level. And Head is better against spin (again, IMO).

He'll probably prove me wrong and on form he should get a chance to do that for sure, though.

Have you watched him bat much Baz ?

I've only seen him in highlights but never been able to watch him play a long innings. We really need to see some FC cricket on TV again, surely it would rate higher than Indian Hockey or some of the shit that Fox televises.

Bazal

Post Whore

I've only seen him in highlights but never been able to watch him play a long innings. We really need to see some FC cricket on TV again, surely it would rate higher than Indian Hockey or some of the shit that Fox televises.

In fairness to him the only times I've really had a chance to watch him bat were before is current run of form, so he could have improved, certainly. Can only judge on what I've seen though.

I usually watch quite a bit of Shield cricket with the free Optus pass on the CA app but I haven't had as much of a chance this season. Would be nice to have it on TV

T-Boon

Coach

you can stream the shield games. Patterson got out for 6 yesterday.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Warnie's social media disciples are already giving him credit for getting SOK to bowl better. Who'd have thought O'keefe was listening to Warnie while he was out on the field...
Remember Starc??? He couldn't bowl at all before Warne bagged him, as soon as he did he became the best quick the world thanks to Warne.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nah, the fact everyone who has ever been a team mate of his hates him probably does though.
Yeah...somehow I don't think he's that unpopular. Katich's complaints were worth listening to, but I'm not that fussed what a lazy bogan like Symmo thought

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah...somehow I don't think he's that unpopular. Katich's complaints were worth listening to, but I'm not that fussed what a lazy bogan like Symmo thought

Not to mention Katich proved to be a bit of a nutcase after he was dropped....People hate on Clarke because of his problems with Kat, but honestly it seems as though Kat was a total merkin himself and the captain has every right to remove influences contrary to the team he wants to build.

Clarke's greatest achievement as captain was shattering Punters boys club, it's a major reason he dragged the wreck that Punter left behind back to the top of the world. Kat was part of that boys club.

In all honesty, people just don't like Clarke because he wasn't the classic Aussie cricketer stereotype. Which is fine, people are entitled to their opinion. But the whole Katich thing was a massive storm in a teacup issue

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not to mention Katich proved to be a bit of a nutcase after he was dropped....People hate on Clarke because of his problems with Kat, but honestly it seems as though Kat was a total merkin himself and the captain has every right to remove influences contrary to the team he wants to build.

Clarke's greatest achievement as captain was shattering Punters boys club, it's a major reason he dragged the wreck that Punter left behind back to the top of the world. Kat was part of that boys club.

In all honesty, people just don't like Clarke because he wasn't the classic Aussie cricketer stereotype. Which is fine, people are entitled to their opinion. But the whole Katich thing was a massive storm in a teacup issue
Absolutely. You'll find most of the people bagging him are bogan deadshits who know nothing about the bloke, or about cricket at all.

T-Boon

Coach

Hayden and Langer hate him. Watto. Johnson I think has made comments that he can't stand the guy. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually like him as there is just nothing to like. He is a worm.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Hayden and Langer hate him. Watto. Johnson I think has made comments that he can't stand the guy. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually like him as there is just nothing to like. He is a worn.

OMG, so you're saying the Australian cricket team is full of clashing egos? What a news flash! Have you alerted the press??

T-Boon

Coach
OMG, so you're saying the Australian cricket team is full of clashing egos? What a news flash! Have you alerted the press??

He was/is actually a unifying figure because everybody (teammates included) agree he was/is a little dickhead.

I know I can strike up a conversation with a stranger and we can agree on one thing, Clarke is a dickweed.

Bazal

Post Whore
He was/is actually a unifying figure because everybody (teammates included) agree he was/is a little dickhead.

I know I can strike up a conversation with a stranger and we can agree on one thing, Clarke is a dickweed.

And yet he was a successful captain of a TEAM of players....something you can't do if they all hate you.

Kinda puts paid to the theory that everyone hated the bloke. Punters mates sure did, but Punter and his mates were the reason for our fall from grace so who cares what they thought about the guy who had to fix their mess?

T-Boon

Coach
And yet he was a successful captain of a TEAM of players....something you can't do if they all hate you.

Kinda puts paid to the theory that everyone hated the bloke. Punters mates sure did, but Punter and his mates were the reason for our fall from grace so who cares what they thought about the guy who had to fix their mess?

Mitch Johnson was responsible for success during Clarke's captaincy.

8Ball

First Grade
Interesting conversation. The general feel I get is that Haddin did a lot of the work that unified the team post homework-gate. Probably part of the reason why he was given so much rope near the end.

JJ

Immortal
Clarke's record as captain overall is about par for Australian test captains (and poor compared to Ponting, Waugh, Taylor) - funnily enough great teams develop great captaincy records.

Clarke like Ponting had some horrific series losses - I dislike most things I hear about him, but on field he did ok for the most part as captain

I have had a number of formal and informal dealings with Michael Clarke.

I can't fault the guy or the way he interacted with kids I had under my care.

Quite humble about a lot of it and was genuinely nice and caring.

Latest posts