What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v England at Eden Park, Auckland, March 22-26, 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bit of a break from the last ODI to this first test

two test series? Did the kiwis opt for this again so they can play more ODI?

Will Taylor be ready?

JJ

Immortal
Yep, I believe Stokes is staying, and sounds like Taylor's likely to be fine

Shame it's just a two test series with one of them a pink ball test, again I think the teams are well matched

JJ

Immortal
Yep, very likely - sounds like there's going to be a good crowd for the day-night test in Auckland - so thta's a plus

Das Gupta

Juniors
Will the weather be a factor, playing a series in March/April?

The last 2 tests series played between England & NZ were two test series. Both of them were played in England. I unfortunately think that is the new norm for series now vs England.

JJ

Immortal
The last 2 tests series played between England & NZ were two test series. Both of them were played in England. I unfortunately think that is the new norm for series now vs England.
Think it's the new norm for us in general - real shame TBH, and then really annoying when you see the Windies getting 5 test series on the basis that they were good in the 70s and 80s - we were too, and we're ok now

TheParraboy

Staff member
Think it's the new norm for us in general - real shame TBH, and then really annoying when you see the Windies getting 5 test series on the basis that they were good in the 70s and 80s - we were too, and we're ok now

Where are WI getting 5 test series??

We stopped that after the 2000/01 5 nil drubbing, almost 20 years ago now

Das Gupta

Juniors

According to this the last time the Windies played a 5 test series was against England in 2009.
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Series/SeriesListCountry.asp?A=WIN&B=XXX&W=X

4 V India in 2016 seems to be the most, other than that its 2 and 3's like us.

Your right though 2 test series suck. Its all about stuffing the schedule with more Pyjamas cricket.

JJ

Immortal
Where are WI getting 5 test series??

We stopped that after the 2000/01 5 nil drubbing, almost 20 years ago now
man, time flies...

still, I think they should only have 3 and 5 test series - I get the need for the Ashes to stay at 5, they could have a few other series like that but everything else should be 3 - 2 just flat out sucks, 4 isn't bad but of course could end in an unsatisfactory way for everyone

Timbo

Staff member
I have to say, that tour match scorecard is f**king hilarious.

NZ XI were 5/30, and the five wickets were Latham, Raval, Guptil, Nicholls and de Grandhomme.

Then the third string keeper and someone I've never heard of shot them to 6/376.

Ingerlund, Ingerlund, Ingerluuuuund.

JJ

Immortal
I have to say, that tour match scorecard is f**king hilarious.

NZ XI were 5/30, and the five wickets were Latham, Raval, Guptil, Nicholls and de Grandhomme.

Then the third string keeper and someone I've never heard of shot them to 6/376.

Ingerlund, Ingerlund, Ingerluuuuund.
Blundell is the second string keeper, but yeah

Kyle Jamieson was a very promising all-rounder from Auckland who shifted to Canterbury - developed more as a bowler, but hasn't really put on the pace I'd hoped - he's very tall, and hopefully he works on his batting

Latest posts