What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v England at Eden Park, Auckland, March 22-26, 2018

Iafeta

Referee
I can see how it’s hard to give. No evidence? I don’t agree. The sooner did show a finger tapping back and a very slight rotation of the seam. I think it’s out but he got benefit of the doubt.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Williamson would be considering whether to declare or not atm

Smart thinker you be, but KW has to back his bats on 3 more sessions incl this to insert Eng tomorrow night with a newish ball for the win. He'd be a fool to give up an 8 wicket and 50 run lead vs an old ball and then lose.

shiznit

Coach
Gotta love the Aussies and the Poms on here.... they just love watching the other one get pummeled... :joy::joy:

I still remember one of the funniest insult ive seen on these boards...

After the kiwis beat kangaroos in the 08 RLWC final.

One Aussie fan came out and said it was the greatest moment in English RL history.... :joy::joy:

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lol, this will be too funny of its a no ball

that wasn't Taylor's best shot

2 weeks

Coach
Smart thinker you be, but KW has to back his bats on 3 more sessions incl this to insert Eng tomorrow night with a newish ball for the win. He'd be a fool to give up an 8 wicket and 50 run lead vs an old ball and then lose.

This could be over tonight.

Iafeta

Referee
Back in the day that LBW appeal on KW was out everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Now with Hawkeye clearly not out.

Looks to be difficult to see the short ball under lights currently.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This could be over tonight.

Maybe, but NZ has 4 more days after today to get better odds at the same winning result. I care lil for NZC players handicap at golf improving with more days off. A captain's job is to accept the best odds.

Iafeta

Referee
Moeen surely can’t be the best spinner England can produce. He’s as effective as carting out the skeleton of Anne Boleyn to roll the arm over.

Great innings this from Kane. Showing them on day 1 of the series who is the boss

Iafeta

Referee
Moeen spins one slowly off the wicket a quarter of an inch doing his best Dipak Patel impersonation, old mate Bairstow goes “oooh allo allo”, being Moeens first turner since 2009

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Nicholls mimicing of late a proper test batsman well here, after his first few balls of looking to pull everything. Shame everyone knows he wont play down the ground well

Hutty1986

Immortal
Weather forecast really bad for the remainder of this test. On the one hand England might get out if this, on the other hand they might inadvertently cop a wash
Chuck a few bars of soap out there tomorrow i reckon. Then they'll get cleaned up twice on the field

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Great from the front play by Boult and KW, expert downhill skiing by Southee. For England, Overton and Anderson had good days, but nowhere near as good as Boult or KW. If NZbat till lights tomorrow, England have an uphill task or a affirmatively answered prayer for rain.

Don't stack the top order with lhb vs Boult. Most teams either know this or have already learned not to.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Weather still ok at the moment, but I'd guess tonight and the weekend will be affected - we need to get on with it while the sun shines, get a big lead and hope there's sufficient time to get the win

Growing up it was often the weather that would save us post-Hadlee, in recent years it's saved tourists - notably RSA last year... Poms deserve nothing from this one